Do you want to see notifications from TikTok? Do you want to see the content uploaded by your favorite TikTok user as soon as the user uploads it? All you need to do to get those notifications is follow some simple steps to change some settings on your TikTok app and phone. Once you are done with these steps, then you will be able to get notifications on TikTok. Also, you can customize which types of notifications you want and which types of notifications you do not want. These customizations are possible if you want and you can learn about them if you read this article.
See also: How to get more followers on TikTok
General TikTok notifications
You can turn on notifications for some general categories like ‘likes’, ‘comments’, ‘new followers’, etc. in TikTok too. Follow these steps to do that:
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Make sure that you are signed in to the TikTok user account for which you want to enable the notifications. If you are not signed in, then sign in to that TikTok user account.
- In the bottom-right corner, you will see a profile icon. Tap on it to go to the TikTok profile.
- Once you are in the profile section of the TikTok user account, you need to tap on the three-dots icon which you will find in this section in or near the top-right corner of the app screen.
- Now, what you need to do is find the ‘push notifications’ option in the new app screen which appears titled ‘privacy and settings’. You will be able to find this ‘push notifications’ option under the ‘general’ section of this app screen. Once you find this option, tap on it.
- Another app screen titled ‘push notifications’ will open.
- In this app screen, you will see several options. All these options need to be turned on if you want to enable all notifications on TikTok. However, in case you want to enable only some types of notifications, then turn on only those options by tapping on them such that the radio button beside that respective option moves to the turned-on position.
- Once you are done with these steps, you will start getting notifications from TikTok.
In case you want to enable notifications for some particular TikTok user whom you are following, then follow these steps:
- First, you need to open the TikTok app and then go to the profile section by tapping on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the app screen.
- Here, in the profile section, you will the number of people you are following under the ‘following’ option. Tap on this ‘following’ option.
- This will show the list of all the TikTok users that you are following.
- Tap on the TikTok user for which you want to enable notifications. This will make your app go to that user’s profile page.
- Now, tap on the three-dots button in the top-right corner of the app screen of the user’s profile page. This will open a menu.
- In this menu, tap on the ‘turn on post notification’ option. This will enable notifications for this TikTok user. Similarly, you can enable the notifications for other TikTok users.
Also, in addition to the above two methods of enabling TikTok notifications, you will need to turn on the notifications in the phone settings as well. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘settings’ app of your phone.
- Here, navigate to the notifications option for the TikTok app.
- Now, just turn on the ‘show notifications’ option for the TikTok app.
- Once these steps are done, then you have enabled notifications from the TikTok app.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.