Do you want to see notifications from TikTok? Do you want to see the content uploaded by your favorite TikTok user as soon as the user uploads it? All you need to do to get those notifications is follow some simple steps to change some settings on your TikTok app and phone. Once you complete these steps, you will then be able to get notifications on TikTok.
You can also customize which types of notifications you want and which types of notifications you do not wish to. These customizations are possible if you want, and you can learn about them if you read this article.
General TikTok notifications
You can turn on notifications for some general categories like "likes," "comments," "new followers," etc., on TikTok too. Follow these steps to do that:
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Make sure you are signed in to the TikTok user account for which you want to enable the notifications. If you are not signed in, sign in to that TikTok user account.
- In the bottom-right corner, you will see a profile icon. Tap on it and go to your TikTok profile.
- Once you are in the profile section of the TikTok user account, you will need to tap on the three-dots icon, which you will find in this section in or near the top-right corner of the app screen.
- Now, you need to find the "push notifications" option on the new app screen, which appears titled "privacy and settings." You can find this 'push notifications' option under this app screen's 'general' section. Once you see this option, tap on it.
- Another app screen titled "push notifications" will open.
- On the app screen, you will see several options. All these options must be turned on if you want to enable all notifications on TikTok. However, if you want to enable only certain types of notifications, turn on only those options by tapping on them such that the radio button beside that respective option moves to the turned-on position.
- Once you complete these steps, you will start getting notifications from TikTok.
If you want to enable notifications for a particular TikTok user whom you are following, then follow these steps:
- First, you need to open the TikTok app and then go to your profile section by tapping on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the app screen.
- Here, in the profile section, you will see the number of people you are following under the 'following' option. Tap on this 'following' option.
- This will show a list of all the TikTok users you are following.
- Tap on the TikTok user for which you want to enable notifications. This will allow your app to go to that user's profile page.
- Now, tap on the three-dots button in the top-right corner of the app screen of the user's profile page. This will open a menu.
- In the menu, tap on the "turn on post notification" option. This will enable notifications for this TikTok user. Similarly, you can enable notifications for other TikTok users.
Also, in addition to the above two methods of enabling TikTok notifications, you will also need to turn on the notifications in the phone settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the "Settings" app on your phone.
- Here, navigate to the notifications option for the TikTok app.
- Now, turn on the 'show notifications' option for the TikTok app.
- Once these steps are done, you have enabled notifications from the TikTok app.