Gmail is among the best free email services that you can use on your computer, but you can also use it on your Android or iOS device by installing the app. One of the features that is now available for those who use the app is Dark mode. If you use Gmail a lot, it would be wise to change the theme because it will be easier on your eyes. Plus, we have been using the light theme for years, so it is nice to have some other option simply to change things up a bit. Here, in this article, we are going to show you how to enable Dark mode in Gmail on Android and iOS. Keep reading, the steps are very simple and you’ll change the theme in seconds.
See also: How to use stars in Gmail
How to enable Dark mode in Gmail on Android
If you are an Android user, follow the steps below to enable Dark mode in Gmail:
- Open Gmail app on your Android device
- Next, tap on three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the screen
- Scroll all the way down and tap Settings
- Next, tap General settings
- At the top of the screen, tap Theme
- Choose Dark.
That’s it. You have now switched to Dark theme. If you want to go back to light mode at some point, follow the same steps, and tap Light.
How to enable Dark mode in Gmail on iOS
If you are using an iPhone or iPad and want to enable Dark mode in Gmail, follow the steps below:
- Open Gmail app on your iOS device
- Next, tap the hamburger icon in the top part of the screen
- Scroll down and tap Settings
- Now tap Theme
- Finally, tap Dark.
That is all. You have successfully changed the theme in Gmail on your iOS device. If you change your mind later and realize that you prefer light theme, follow the same steps and choose Light.