In today’s article, we will be showing you how to enable or disable voice calls on the Telegram app. You are also able to change the people that can make calls to you. Keep reading this article to learn how to do that in just a couple of minutes.
See also: How to install themes on Telegram
How to enable voice calls on Telegram
You are able to choose who can call you on Telegram. And here is how to change those settings:
- Of course, before you start, you must have the Telegram app opened on your phone in order to continue. Make sure that you are logged into your account as well, and if not, log in right away and continue to the second step of this paragraph.
- Look for the three lines menu option in the top left corner of your phone’s screen. By clicking on that option you are going to expand and reveal more options in the app.
- Scroll all the way down to the end of that pop-up menu until you spot the Settings section. Click on that to now expand the settings of the app.
- Now, find the Privacy and Security section. It should be somewhere in the middle of your screen, not too hard to find. Open that section in order to make changes.
- You will now see the Voice calls settings under the Privacy section. By clicking on that you are going to be able to choose who can make calls to you on your Telegram account. Change that setting to Everybody if you want to make calls to everyone who has Telegram app, that includes strangers who are going to be able to call you. Select the Only your contacts option if you only want to let the people from your contact list call you.
- When you finish changing the settings, save them so they do not get lost.
How to disable voice calls on Telegram
Before you start following these steps, you will, of course, have to have the Telegram app opened on your device. And also, you must be logged into your account, if you are not, log in now in order to continue.
- Look for the three lines option. That option is usually located in the top left corner of your phone’s screen. Click on it to expand some more settings in the app.
- A left sidebar is going to show up on your screen. You will now need to scroll down a bit until you find the Settings option. It is one of the options that is located near the end of that sidebar. Tap on it to open the Settings window.
- When that Settings window shows up on your screen, you need to look for the Privacy and Security section. Open that section when you spot it.
- Again, you might have to scroll down a bit until you are able to see the Notification and Sounds settings. Open those settings in order to continue.
- In the Privacy section, you will be able to see the Calls subsection. You will need to open that in order to change it.
- You are now able to see the Who can call me text appears first in that new window that should have shown up on your screen. Click on that text. You will be able to change that to Nobody so that you completely disable the call function on your Telegram account.
- When you are done with changing the settings, make sure to save them or you will have to do the steps all over again. When you save them, you can leave that window.