Did you know that you can very easily disable or enable comments for any of the TikTok videos that you post? Yes, it is true. Whether it is a new video that you want to post or an earlier posted video, you can disable or enable comments for any of those types of videos. By default, the comments are enabled. However, you might want to disable them later for some reason(s) like users are posting abusive comments, criticizing for no valid reason, trying to promote their own videos, posting spam in the comments section, posting irrelevant comments, etc. Whatever be your reason for disabling the comments, you can learn to do it by reading this article and applying the steps given here.
For a single video
You can choose to disable or enable comments for a video that you posted earlier. This method will work for only one video that you have already posted. The steps to follow are:
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Now, go to the video for which you want to enable or disable the comments.
- Play that video.
- When you play the video, you will see that there is a three-dots icon on the right side of the app screen. You need to tap on this three-dots icon which will open up a menu in the bottom part of the app screen.
- From this menu, what you need to do is tap on the ‘privacy settings’ option.
- This will open a new app screen where you need to find the ‘allow comments’ option.
- If you want to disable the comments for the video, then tap on the ‘allow comments’ option so as to turn it off. However, if you want to enable the comments for this video, then tap on this option so as to turn it on.
- Once you are done with these steps, you have successfully enabled or disabled comments on the video that you wanted.
For all videos
In case you feel like you want to disable or enable comments on all your videos, then you need to follow these steps:
- First, you need to open the TikTok app on your device.
- Then, you will need to go to the settings of the app. To go there, you need to tap on the three-dots icon which you will see on the top-right corner of the app screen.
- Once you are in the settings of the app, you need to tap on the ‘privacy and safety’ option which you will find under the ‘account’ section here.
- Now, search for the section named ‘safety’.
- Under the ‘safety’ section, you will find the ‘who can comment on your videos’ option. Tap on this option.
- Depending on whether you want to enable or disable comments, you need to tap on one of the options from ‘everyone’, ‘friends’, and ‘no one’.
- After this, you are done enabling or disabling comments for all your TikTok videos.
For a new video
You can also enable or disable comments for a video that you are posting right now. To do this, follow these steps:
- After you have opened the TikTok app, you need to tap on the ‘+’ icon on the bottom center of the app screen to make a new video.
- Record the video which you want.
- Tap on the ‘tick’ icon in the bottom-right corner of the app screen after you have finished editing the recorded video.
- Next, tap on the ‘next’ option in the bottom-right part of the app screen.
- Tap on the ‘privacy settings’ option now.
- Turn on or off the ‘allow comments’ option here to enable or disable comments for this video.
- Now, go back to the video and post it.