Skype doesn’t need some special introduction because, for years, the app falls into the category of most popular options for those who want to stay in touch with friends and family, chat, and make video calls. You can add various information on Skype, from your location, profile picture, date of birth, etc. All these things can help your friends to find you with ease. But what if you don’t want your profile to be discoverable when people look for you? Is there a way not to appear in search results? The answer is yes. If this is something you want to do, keep reading. We will show you how to enable and disable “Appear in search results” on Skype.
See also: How to change your location on Skype.
How to enable and disable “Appear in search results” on Skype
By default, this option is enabled, and when people search for you, your profile will show up. Perhaps you changed this option before and want to allow it to again, or you just started using Skype, and you want to disable it. Here is how to make changes:
- Open Skype app on your PC
- Next, click on three dots located right next to your profile picture
- Now click Settings
- Click Contacts
- You will see the option “Appear in search results.”
- If the switch is blue, it means the option is enabled
- If the button is gray, it means the option is disabled
- Click on the switch to make desired changes
To make changes on your Android device:
- Open Skype app
- Next, tap on the menu button (hamburger icon)
- Tap My profile
- Next, tap Edit
- Now tap Settings and preferences
- Select Edit profile
- Select Profile settings and then enable or disable Appear in search results
You can make these changes on the Skype web as well:
- Go to the Skype website
- Log in
- Click on your profile photo under My account
- Now click Edit profile
- Scroll down enable or disable Appear in search results
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.