The Opera browser comes with a sleek design and a variety of features that allow its users to get the most amazing browsing experience. Everything is pretty simple and straightforward and you can easily make changes if something doesn’t suit you. Among many things you can turn on as you please is the search box in the address bar. This can be quite handy and if you want to know more, keep reading. We are going to show you how to enable a search box in the address bar in Opera.
How to enable a search box in address bar in Opera
Perhaps you didn’t know this feature exists in Opera, simply because it is turned off by default. Finding it among options requires just a bit of digging, but you don’t have to do that. We are going to show you the steps. Here is how to enable the search box:
- Open Opera browser on your computer
- Next, click on three horizontal lines in the top-right corner
- Click on ” Go to browser settings” located at the bottom of the menu
- Next, click Advanced on the left side of the screen
- Click Features
- Scroll down until you reach “User interface” section
- You will find “Enable search box in address bar”
- The switch next to it will be in gray color (because it is turned off by default)
- Click on the switch to enable the feature
As soon as you turn this option on, a search box will show up in the address bar in the top right corner of the browser.
That’s it. Turning it on is not complicated, even though finding the option requires a bit more effort. If by any chance you change your mind at some point, follow the same steps and turn the feature off.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.