Can You Edit TikTok Video After Posting? Here's How
Writing an article that contains a lot of valuable information may seem simple. But when the article is written, the story doesn’t end. We are constantly updating the content so that you can always get up-to-date and accurate information.
Technobezz's Editorial Guidelines
TikTok is a relatively new social media site on the web. If you are a TikToker who wants to learn how to edit and make changes to their previously posted videos, you are in the right place. You cannot edit the video itself, and also, some features are not editable, but we will try our best to explain everything.
See also: How to create a TikTok video.
How To Edit TikTok Video After Posting
TikTok Caption editing
Let's get to the point right away; you will not be able to edit captions after posting and sharing your videos. However, there is an alternative way to solve this.
- When you first upload your video, check its caption to see if there are any mistakes or if you forgot to add some cool hashtags, or if you simply don't like it.
- If that is the case, you will need to delete your video before anyone sees it quickly. But do not rush; before you delete it, you should save it to your phone first to upload the same video only with a different, changed caption.
- Go to your profile and click on that video to keep your video. Find the three-dotted button and click on it. A few options will show up. Look for the one with an arrow facing down for its logo and the Save Video text written underneath it.
- Once you've clicked on that button, the video should be saved to your phone's gallery.
We will also give you a guide to re-upload that same TikTok video to your profile again.
- Open the app and go to your profile.
- Click on the + button located in the middle of your menu.
- Find the Upload option there and click on it. You will be taken to your gallery, where you should select the video that you have previously saved. Please select it and click on Next.
- You will be able to write a new caption now, so be careful when writing so you won't have to go through all of these steps again!
Consider creating a new TikTok video
If you previously forgot to edit or add new parts to your video, unfortunately, there is no way you can fix this. However, you can create a new, similar video to the previously uploaded one or just make a whole new video.
To add some adjustments to your previous video, follow these steps:
You will first need to Save the video you want to edit on your phone.
We showed you how you could do that in one of the previous steps at the beginning of this article. After saving the video, delete it from your profile.
- Go to your profile, and find the + button in the middle of the lower menu of the app.
- When you click on that + button, a new window will show up. You will be able to upload the previously deleted video there by clicking on the Upload button.
- Once you've uploaded it, add some new scenes, effects, or whatever you want. But keep in mind that you will not be able to edit the previously filmed video.
- You can only add some scenes and more adjustments to it.
Also, if you want to change the audio of your video, that will be a little hard. You won't be able to do it directly in the app. You will need some other editing app for that.
Go to your Google Play store or the App store on your phone and search for some of the video editing apps.
Edit it there and then upload it back to TikTok again.
- Once you're done, you will be able to upload it to your profile again.
- Write some cool captions and add some hashtags to your video, and you are good to go!
This helps us improve our website.
Join The Conversation on "Can You Edit TikTok Video After Posting? Here's How"