TikTok is a relatively new social media on the web. If you are a TikToker who wants to find out how to edit and make changes to their previously posted videos, you are in the right place.
You cannot edit the video itself, and also, some features are not editable, but we will try our best to explain everything.
See also: How to create a TikTok video
Let’s get to the point right away, you will not be able to edit captions after posting and sharing your videos. Although, there is an alternative way to solve this.
- When you first upload your video, check its caption to see if there are any mistakes or if you forgot to add some cool hashtags, or you just simply don’t like it.
- If that is the case, you will need to quickly delete your video right away, before anyone sees it. But do not rush, before you delete it, you should save it to your phone first so you could upload the exact same video only with a different, changed caption. To save your video, go to your profile and click on that video. Find the three-dotted button and click on it. Few options will show up, look for the one that has an arrow facing down for its logo and has the Save Video text written underneath it.
- Once you’ve clicked on that button, your video should be saved to your phone’s gallery.
We will also give you a guide on how you can re-upload that same video to your profile again.
- Open the app, and go to your profile.
- Click on the + button that is located in the middle of your menu.
- Find the Upload option there and click on it. You will be taken to your gallery where you should select the video that you have previously saved. Select, it and click on Next.
- You will be able to write a new caption now, so be careful when writing so you won’t have to go through all of these steps again!
Consider creating a new video
If you previously forgot to edit or add some new part to your video, unfortunately, there is no way you can fix this. But, you can create a new, similar video to the previously uploaded one, or just create a whole new video.
To add some adjustments to your previous video, follow these steps:
You will first need to Save a video that you want to edit on your phone. We showed how you can to that in one of the previous steps at the beginning of this article. After, saving the video, delete it from your profile.
- Go to your profile, and find the + button in the middle of the lower menu of the app.
- When you click on that + button, a whole new window will show up. You will be able to upload the previously deleted video there by clicking on the Upload button.
- Once you’ve uploaded it, add some new scenes, effects, or whatever you wanted to add. But have in mind that you will not be able to edit the previously filmed video, you can only add some scenes and more adjustments to it.
Also, if you want to change the audio of your video, that is going to be a little hard. You won’t be able to do it directly in the app, you will need some other editing app for that. Go to your Google Play store or the App store on your phone and search some of the video editing apps. Edit it there and then upload it back to TikTok again.
- When you finish, you will be able to upload it to your profile again.
- Write some cool captions and add some hashtags to your video and you are good to go!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.