TikTok’s many video-editing features have distinguished it from other social media apps. It seems to be easier for a fan to connect to a celebrity on TikTok than anywhere else. The trick to directing viewers to your account is creativity: coming up with funny, challenging, or educative content. But, of course, Dueting can also do that perfectly.
See also: How to hide captions on TikTok
To duet is to do something together with someone else. A duet is a video that engages you and someone else on TikTok.
Mainly, it involves parodies and imitations of already existing and popular videos or sounds.
Two is better than one
Dueting can attract TikTok users to you, and the number of your followers can grow immensely. For example, imagined you did a duet with a TikTok celebrity, someone who had over ten thousand followers? Indeed some of his or her followers will tap on your account to follow you, isn’t it?
Now, this article will guide you on how to duet on TikTok.
The guidelines will work for both Android and iOS users.
You should know that you can only make duets from videos that have been uploaded by others but not yours.
So, the focus is on the videos that appear on ‘Following’ and ‘For You’ – those are the only ones that you can duet with. Here are the steps:
- On your Android or iOS, tap on the TikTok app to open it. The app will open to its home screen, and a video under ‘For You’ will start playing automatically.
- Assuming that you had seen the video you want to duet and had probably like it, navigate to the liked video.
- Do this by tapping on the ‘Me’ button. Then, your profile’s page will open up to your videos (if you have uploaded any).
- Tap on the heart-like icon with an eye’s outline. The ‘Liked Videos’ tab will appear.
- Navigate to the video you want to duet with.
- Once you get to the video, tap on the ‘Share’ button.
- When the split-screen menu appears, tap on the ‘Duet’ icon (with a face hiding behind another one).
- The duet will start loading, and when it does, a screen will appear. The video you want to duet with will appear on the right side, while on the left side, your front camera will be switched on.
- You can add effects using the ‘Effects’ button. This will only affect your side of the video.
- Once you press the recording button, dueting will start immediately.
The duet will use the pre-loaded audio of the video you want to duet with, and the only thing you can do is react.
- Once it is ready, you can tap on ‘Next.’
If this is going on well, it means that the other person has allowed ‘Everyone’ to duet with them. If that were not the case, a message like this would be displayed – ‘The user has disabled duet.’
- Now, you can post it. It will be visible to you, your friends, and yourself.
To duet or not to duet
Duets are fun, and they help you build a connection with your viewers and those you are viewing. They also help users to appreciate great content.
If a video is worth dueting with, it means that it is worth watching and re-watching, right?
Have fun dueting and if it doesn’t work, try again. It will, one time!
If to duet or not to duet is the question, the answer is – ‘do it (get it, like du-et, do it?)