Twitter has become a very popular app over the years. It has also been adopted by many celebrities to post updates on projects they want to raise the awareness of or to allow fans to be a part of their lives. Twitter has also been used by politicians and media to post the latest news updates. On a social level, we may use this platform to share a part of our lives with close friends and family we have. Sometimes, there are memorable moments that we wish to keep. Thus, in this article, we present to you the steps that will show you how to download videos from Twitter.
See also: How to save GIFs from Twitter
How to download videos from Twitter
There are different ways to achieve this. However, all these currently require a third-party platform to do so. Follow the methods below to see which method will suit the device you are operating on.
Method 1: For computer users
For some of us, using a laptop or a desktop is a better option because it is easier to read on a larger screen. Using a PC device, we do not have to download any external software to achieve our aims.
- Go to the Twitter website. Log in to your account.
- From the Twitter website, locate the Twitter video that you would like to have downloaded. Only select one at the time.
- At the top right-hand corner of each tweet, there is an arrow icon pointing downwards.
- When the dropdown menu appears, select the option to copy the tweet link.
- Search for an online video downloader. Examples of such websites include downloadtwittervideo.com and twdown.net.
- Paste the link that you have copied into the search bar.
- Click download.
- For some, you may need to choose the file type you would like to save as.
Method 2: For mobile device users
For the convenience of many users, using Twitter on mobile is great to pass time.
- Go to Appstore. Download a compatible app, such as Documents by Readable.
- Return to the home screen.
- Launch the Twitter app.
- Find the video that you wish to download. Click on the up arrow icon to share the video. Then click on copy link.
- Go back to the home page. Launch the app that you have just downloaded.
- Open the browser integrated into the system and select the appropriate option or just visit the link https://twdown.net/.
- Paste the URL that was copied from the Twitter application into the appropriate search bar.
- Select the file type that you want to download the video in. Then, select download.
- Go to Google Play Store and download a compatible app to download Twitter videos.
- Click back to the home page and select your Twitter app.
- Search for the tweeter video that you are interested in downloading. Then choose to share the video from the arrow icon.
- For Android users, there will be an option to download the video. Select that.
- If prompted, choose the media file type to download the video. Select a suitable type and confirm the download. Your video will be downloaded.
Downloading videos from Twitter are a good way to share media with people, especially if they do not have a Twitter account. However, always remember to refrain from downloading videos that may contain copyrighted content. Downloading such content may lead to legal repercussions such as hefty fines.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.