TikTok videos can immensely grab your attention, and you have nothing to apologize for. This is because they are short and often, they are either funny or heart-rending.
There are more than a million videos that are given viewing on TikTok every day. Moreover, TikTok’s videos are uploaded in the millions every single day. In TikTok, it could be said that the videos there are like the sand in the deserts or the waters in the ocean.
Importantly, TikTok gives you an option to enjoy a video offline, that is, by downloading it (or as TikTok puts it, saving). This article will guide you on how to download TikTok videos.
Once you download a video, it will be saved with the TikTok label. The article will also draw your attention to downloading a video without the watermark.
See also: How to get on the TikTok ‘For You’ page
Whether you are on Android or iOS, the steps to saving a TikTok video are quite the same:
- Tap on the TikTok app on your screen. If you are logged in to your account, the app should open to its home screen, which is the ‘For You’ page. A trending video will appear and start to play immediately.
- You now need to navigate to your video. Assuming that you already watched and liked the video, tap on the ‘Me’ button to display your profile. The screen that will open will show your videos.
- Swipe to your right or tap on the heart-like icon to get to the videos that you have liked. Scroll to search for and find the video of interest. Once you find it, tap on it. It will start to play.
- Tap on the ‘Share’ button. A popup will be displayed which is in two parts – one that is colored and the other that is not.
- On the second part, tap on the ‘Save Video’ icon. The video will start saving immediately. When it does (100%), a label with the words ‘Video Saved’ will appear briefly. This confirms to you that the download has been successful.
A shorter way
Once you have gotten to the video you want to download, long-press on the screen until a popup appears with two options, ‘Save Video’ and ‘Add to Favorites (American spelling)’.
Tap on the ‘Save Video’ button to initiate the download.
What about blocked videos?
Some users have set their profiles such that you cannot download their videos
Well, this can actually be bypassed. But, it is only possible if you use a third-party app.
Such apps include:
- Video Downloader for TikTok – TikMate
- Video Downloader for Tiktok
- ReTik: Video Downloader for TikTok – No Watermark
These apps generally work this way – you copy the URL (link) of the blocked video you want, paste it on the third-party app, and voila, your download starts.
Without the watermark?
Sometimes, you may want the video, but no so much the label that comes with it. This is very easy to do. The apps listed in the above section and many others of their kind often allow users to download TikTok videos without the watermark.
If you use the apps to download your videos, no TikTok effects will be lost.
Bringing things to a close
You should be okay with downloading a TikTok video from the app and even bypassing blocked accounts and clingy TikTok labels.
Downloaded videos are usually saved in your local storage and can be shared anywhere else – be it WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.
If you want to keep memories from TikTok, downloading them is surely the best way of doing it.