Downloaded videos are great to watch because they do not lag like they do while streaming. So, if you like to watch downloaded videos, this article will tell you how to watch downloaded videos on the Showtime platform. Showtime, like many of its competitor entertainment content streaming platforms like Amazon and Netflix, allows its users to download the videos so that they may watch later. Users might want to download and watch later for reasons like there is not going to be internet later because they are traveling and network might not be good later, they want to watch the video more than once and do not want to get their data to get used for streaming the video every time they want it. This feature for downloading videos on Showtime is available on Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire tablet devices only.
See also: How to change the Showtime password
From title page
- First of all, open the Showtime app on your device.
- Once the Showtime app is open on your device, navigate to the video that you want to download.
- Go to the title page of the video.
- In the title page, you will see a download icon beside the title of the video. If you do not see this icon, then this video cannot be downloaded.
- What you need to do now is tap on this download icon to begin downloading this Showtime video to your device.
- You might be asked to choose the quality at which you want to download this video if this is the first Showtime video that you are downloading.
- Choose the quality at which to download the video.
- The download should start now.
- Wait for the download to finish.
From my list
- The Showtime app needs to be opened first.
- Next, what you need to do is navigate to the ‘my list’ section of the Showtime app.
- If you are using an Android device, tap on the Showtime video in my list section that you want to download. If you are an iOS device user, tap on the three-dots icon.
- As soon as you tap on the video/three-dots icon, a download icon will appear. Tap on this icon.
- Now, select the quality at which you want to download the Showtime video.
- The download will start and you need to wait until the download is finished.
- When the download is finished, you can watch the video you downloaded offline whenever you want.
Points to note:
- In order to download the Showtime videos, you need to have iOS version 10 or above or Android OS version 4.4 or above.
- On smartphones, the available qualities at which the Showtime videos can be downloaded are 540p and 720p. On tablets, there is another option of downloading the Showtime videos at 1080p too.
- You need to update the Showtime app to its latest version if you want to use the feature of downloading Showtime videos. If you do not have the latest version of the Showtime app, you can update it by going to the Google Play Store for Android devices or the Apple App Store for iOS devices.
- When you download your first Showtime video, the download quality is asked. This quality preference is saved as the default video download quality for later downloads. If you want to change this preference for the video download quality, you can do so by going in the settings of the Showtime app.