We are sure that you have already heard of the currently second most downloaded app on Google’s app store. Yes, that is Instagram. A highly popular app where you can post creative content, post instastories, do live videos, chat with friends, like and follow other user’s accounts, browse through exploring page and etc… This app has literally everything! And it’s super user friendly. Like any other app, their company tries to stay trendy so they are always working on developing new features and upgrades for their app. One of its most recent features is the Highlights feature. In this guide, we will be teaching you how to download the Highlights on Instagram.
See also: How to share TikTok videos on Instagram
Before we start, firstly, what are Instagram’s Story Highlights?
Stories are another way on Instagram to post your pictures. And they are usually available only 24 hours and then they disappear. The stories feature was launched back in 2016. But one of the newest features is story Highlights, a way for the stories to stay on your profile after 24/7.
How to download it?
There are two easy ways to do so. Follow the steps below.
- Let’s assume that you’ve already highlighted your story. (If you haven’t, you have a little option on your profile that has a sign “+” and a name “Highlights” under it. Click there and simply choose one or more of your stories that you wish to highlight. They will appear on your profile immediately.)
- Go to your profile and find the highlight in which one is your picture placed.
- Swipe left, choose, and find the photo that you want to download.
- Once you’ve found the picture, in the bottom left corner of it you will see a number that says how many people have seen your story. Simply click on the number or just swipe up.
- After you’ve swiped up (or clicked), three (or more features) will appear, depending on if your account is business or regular. Find the one icon that looks like an arrow that’s showing down and has a line underneath it.
- Click on it and there you go! You’ve just downloaded your story highlight.
Another way of saving your Instagram highlights includes downloading them from your account’s archive.
- To do so, you have to go to your profile.
- What you’ll need to look for is an icon that looks like a clock that is going in reverse. Now the icon will look a bit on different devices, whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android.
- The icon is usually located in the bottom right corner, when you find it, click on it.
- Now, this is where all of the stories that you’ve ever posted are located. Scroll through them until you find the one you want. When you do, just click on it.
- You will again be able to see the number of people who saw your story, but now we want you to look for the three dots icon in the bottom right corner. Click on it.
- New white pop up window will show up with three options. You can either delete your story from your archive, save it to your device or share it as a post. Since you want to download the story, click on the save option.
And you are all done!
Hope you learned how to download the highlights and that you found this article very helpful. If you have any other dilemmas about the app, contact their staff, we are sure they will be able to help you! Or read Instagram’s most common questions in their app. Hope that we were able to help you!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.