Having an offline-viewing option for any over-the-top streaming service is beneficial for customers. Users want to overcome the challenge of a buffering stream by downloading it and then watching it later. OTT platforms that have this feature are preferred to those that do not.
Funimation is an OTT platform whose library is pure anime. Fans from all over the world can sign up for an account and enjoy anime content, regardless of their geolocation. In this article, you will be guided on how to download Funimation videos.
Funimation and its downloads
Funimation is a cross-platform streaming service, but its developers have only enabled downloads on one platform – the mobile app (Android and iOS). That is a bummer because more people probably use their laptops or desktops than their phones. Anyway, Funimation will be bashed later.
We will show you how to download from the app.
- First, you have to make sure that you have the app downloaded on your mobile phone. Depending on your device, visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to install it.
If you are operating from a region outside of the allowed countries, the above hyperlinks will not assist you. Instead, download the .apk file (Android) from APKPure.com or the .ipa file (iOS) from iPhoneCake.com, then install them.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, tap on its icon to launch it. Those in countries where Funimation is unavailable should seek the services of a VPN. This way, they can circumvent the geolocation barrier.
- What you now need to do is to go to the video you want to download. To search for it within the entire Funimation library, tap on the icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the episode you want to download.
- At the bottom-right corner of the episode, click on the purple download button (down arrow icon). The icon will change from an arrow to a square when the download starts. To monitor the download's progress, look at the circle around the square. As the download continues, the circle becomes purple and grows clockwise. Once it is complete, you can go offline.
- To get to where the downloaded video is, tap on the icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- On the menu that displays, tap the 'My Library' option.
- Under 'My Library,' tap on the 'On My Device' option. The downloaded anime will be shown there.
Video downloaded successfully!
At this point, you should feel empowered since you can enjoy offline viewing of any anime you want.