For any over-the-top streaming services, having an offline-viewing option is beneficial for customers. Users want to overcome the challenge of a buffering stream by downloading it then watching it later. OTT platforms that have this feature are preferred to those that do not.
Funimation is an OTT platform whose library is pure anime. Fans from all over the world can sign up for an account and enjoy anime content, regardless of their geolocation. In this article, you will be guided on how to download Funimation videos.
See also: How to delete Funimation account
Funimation and its downloads
Funimation is a cross-platform streaming service but its developers have only enabled downloads on one platform – the mobile app (Android and iOS). That is a bummer because more people probably use their laptops or desktops that their phones. Anyway, Funimation will be bashed later. Right now, you will figure out how to download from the app.
- First, you have to make sure that you have the app downloaded on your mobile phone. Depending on your device, visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to install it.
If you are operating from a region that is out of the allowed countries, the above hyperlinks will not assist you. Instead, download the .apk file (Android) from APKPure.com or the .ipa file (iOS) from iPhoneCake.com then install them.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, tap on its icon to launch it. Those in countries where Funimation is unavailable should seek the services of a VPN. This way, they can circumvent the geolocation barrier.
- When the app launches, you will see the ‘Discover Extraordinary Anime’ page. Tap on the white ‘Sign In’ button.
- On the Funimation form that shows, enter your email address and password to log in. If the password was saved, tap on the box so that your details will be highlighted. Then, tap on the purple ‘Login’ button.
- If you are online, the app will open to your account’s home page.
- What you now need to do is to make your way to the video you want to download. To search for it within the entire Funimation library, tap on the icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- On the menu that shows, tap on the ‘All Shows’ button.
- On the ‘All Shows’ screen, tap on the magnifying glass icon at the top-right corner of the screen. Type the name of your anime in the search box.
- On the results that display, tap on your anime. Funimation will open the entire series in a new screen.
- When you scroll down the screen, you will see a list of all the episodes of the anime you want. Navigate to the episode you want to download.
- At the bottom-right corner of the episode, click on the purple download button (down arrow icon). When the download starts, the icon will change from an arrow to a square. To monitor the progress of the download, look at the circle around the square. As the download continues, the circle becomes purple and grows in a clockwise direction. Once it is complete, you can go offline.
- To get to where the downloaded video is, tap on the icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- On the menu that displays, tap the ‘My Library’ option.
- Under ‘My Library’, tap on the ‘On My Device’ option. The downloaded anime will be shown there.
Video downloaded successfully!
At this point, you should feel empowered since you can enjoy offline viewing of any anime you want.
Funimation should work towards making sure that the download feature is available on all platforms, especially PC.