The world of over-the-top streaming services has grown immensely in the wake of the 21st century. As 2016 was ending, the digital media company known as Otter Media launched VRV to add to its list of subsidiaries. Among others, VRV joined Crunchyroll and Rooster Teeth.
On streaming platforms, users usually look for an offline-watching feature. This involves downloading the videos and watching them without having to be online. This article will guide you on how to download content from VRV.
See also: How to update the payment method on VRV
Four-one-one on VRV
VRV used to broadcast Funimation (Crunchyroll’s anime rival) but in November 2018, Funimation left. Now, fans can enjoy anime content and simulcast on two channels on VRV, that is, Crunchyroll and HIDIVE. The Warner Bros.’ Boomerang also beefs VRV up with TV shows. Frederator Studios, on their part, give VRV Cartoon Hangover for web-original toons.
Mondo Media feeds VRV’s adult animation library. Rooster Teeth contributes to VRV game-related content and web animation. VRV’s own VRV Select puts together select movies and shows, which are solely for the Premium Plan members ($9.99-a-month).
At the time of this writing, VRV is only available in the US. However, you can use a VPN to cheat your way into the platform, sign up for an account, and enjoy a 30-day free trial as a premium subscriber.
You should know
Unfortunately, you cannot download VRV content to your local storage. You can only do what VRV calls synchronizing (or syncing).
Another bummer is that the syncing can only be done when you are on the app, either Android or iOS. Therefore, if you use VRV on the web, you might not be happy with this news.
Anyway, the app is only a click away, where you are on an iOS or an Android. If you’re in a location that is not in the US and you want to get the app, look up the .ipa or the .apk files. Then, follow through with the steps hereafter.
After step 1, you can go to step 6 if you were already logged in, leave these to newbies
- Launch the VRV by tapping on its icon from your list of apps.
- On the screen that shows, tap on the ‘Settings’ icon which is at the bottom-right corner.
- On the ‘Welcome to VRV’ screen, tap on the yellow ‘Sign In’ button on the mid-right section.
- On the ‘Sign In’ page, enter your email address and password in the relevant spaces.
- After green ticks have shown next to your email and password, tap on the ‘Sign In’ button. This opens you up to your home page.
Going for offline viewing
- On your home page, you now need to navigate to the show that you want to save for offline viewing. You can scroll down the ‘Home’ tab and get to it. Alternatively, you can tap on the ‘Watchlist’ tab (if you added it). The other option is to tap on the magnifying glass icon, open the ‘Search’ tab screen, and look it up.
- Once you find the show, tap on it. It will open up in the ‘Info’ tab. Now, tap on the ‘Episodes’ tab.
- Whether the show you found is a series or a movie, you will see the ‘Sync’ all button (with a down-arrow icon).
- Tap on the button. It will change to a blue ‘Syncing’ label. If your show is a series and you need to save one episode, scroll down to the episode and tap the down-arrow next to it. A push notification will appear to show you the progress of the syncing.
Now, enjoy your ‘downloaded’ content!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.