Just like the App Store functions on your iOS and macOS, so does it on Apple TV. The downloading of Apps is therefore very possible, as long as you are connected to the Internet.
This article will guide you on how to download apps on Apple TV without any upsets. People have reported that they sometimes find it difficult to use the Apple TV for this particular task so this information is pretty important.
Though, what are the particulars of Apple TV?
Apple TV’s particulars
Apple TV was (and still is) Apple’s Inc. way of stepping into the streaming services business. The small device is usually controlled by special remotes or through an app downloadable from Apple’s App Store.
Since the device is just a set-top box, it has to be connected to a broadcasting end, say, a TV using an HDMI cable. Apple lacks a TV tuner and so, there is no offline content for you to watch.
Through downloaded apps on Apple TV, you are even open to watch content from streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
The steps can be effected using your remote control or if you find that inconveniencing, go for the Apple TV Remote app. Whichever you use, the results will be the same. Here’s how:
- Make sure your Apple TV box is on. Also, check whether the connection to the broadcasting device (HDMI) is okay. Your Internet must be working as well, so check whether your Wi-Fi network or your cable (Ethernet) connection is active on the Apple TV.
- Use your controller to navigate to where your App Store is. This app comes pre-installed with Apple TV.
- The App Store should display showing its featured apps. There are five tabs which you can use to look apps under – ‘Discover’, ‘Apps’, ‘Games’, ‘Arcade’ and ‘Purchased’. Also, there is a ‘Search’ icon. This becomes important if you are searching for an app that cannot be found This ‘Search’ option will require you to use a virtual keyboard if you’re using a physical remote control.
- Navigate to or search for your app. It will be zoomed in on your screen where its description will be shown. You will see its age rating, stars’ rating, and developer information.
- If you need to see more of the app, check out its preview. Also, you can see screenshots of the app. All this previewing is quite important since you want to download an app you sufficiently know about.
- To download the app, control and press the ‘Get’ button if the app is free or the ‘Buy’ option if the app is only available on purchase (this may require a billing method).
- You may or may not be prompted to add your iCloud information. Once you pass that step, the download will start automatically.
- On completion, the app will be shown on the Home Screen. You can navigate back or launch Apple TV again.
Since apps require updates, you need to set Apple TV in a way that it automatically updates its apps.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ app and then find your way to the ‘Apps’ section.
- On the ‘Apps’ section, choose ‘Automatically update apps’.
Now, whenever an app in your Apple TV gets updated by its developers, it will start updating on your end (through the Internet of course).
It has nothing to it
Downloading apps on Apple TV is not burdensome. Now, you can enjoy any app available on the App Store effortlessly.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.