Apple TV Plus is a good way to watch TV shows and movies offline. However, for you to be able to watch these videos offline, you need to have downloaded them before. Read on to find how you can do that. You must know that you can download Apple TV plus videos (i.e. TV shows and movies) on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac. However, you can only stream the Apple TV Plus videos but you can’t download them on smart TVs, Apple TV, or other streaming devices. Also, you need to have some subscription before you can begin watching Apple TV Plus videos. For this purpose, you can subscribe to Apple TV Plus.
See also: How to cancel Apple TV Plus subscription
- You need to have the Apple TV app on your device on which you want to download Apple TV Plus videos. To download and install the Apple TV app, you can go to the Apple App Store and search for it and then install it.
- Once you have got the Apple TV app on your device, open the app.
- Now, search for the video which you want to download. It can be a TV show, movie, etc.
- Once you have chosen a video to download, you can now begin to download the video.
- For downloading the video, just press on the cloud-shaped icon with a downward arrow in it. You should see this icon near the TV show or the movie which you want to download.
- Now, the video will begin downloading. Wait for it to finish downloading.
- Once the video has finished downloading, you can see the video offline whenever you want. Also, you can watch it as many times as you want.
- To watch the videos which you have downloaded offline, you need to go to the tab name ‘library’ on the Apple TV app screen. Once you go to this library tab, you should be able to see more options. What you need to do now is tap or click on the ‘downloaded’ option here.
- You should now be able to see a list of videos that you have downloaded from the Apple TV app on your device.
- Choose any of these downloaded videos which you want to watch when you are offline. Now play that video. You can watch the downloaded video now.
Points to note:
- For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, the Apple TV app is there by default if you have updated them to their latest iOS version.
- HBO Now, Starz, Hulu, and CBS services support Apple TV app in the United States. In the United Kingdom, BBC, ITV, Amazon Prime Video, StarzPlay and Channel 5 offer their streaming services for the Apple TV app.
- Whenever you are watching a video and have to leave watching it in between, you need to worry remember where were you (wrt timestamp) in the video when you left. Just play the video and the app and the app will remember where you had left the video before and the app will play the video from that timestamp.
If you have downloaded so many videos that the storage space of your device is running out, you might want to delete some of the already watched Apple TV Plus videos to free some storage space on your device. To delete videos, in the Apple TV app, first go to the ‘library’ tab. Now, tap on the ‘edit’ option here. Select the videos that you want to delete. Now, tap on the ‘delete’ option.