Previously we have discussed How to Download and Install iOS 9 Public Beta safely. On that article we discussed The most important things from a decision using public beta operating system are:
- You can deal with bug and will be asked to give the report or feedback about it.
- Compatibility issue with the application that you have.
- you need to be ready for any changes that occur on feature from operating system. Apple will keep giving the update, so might changing the features or appearance of that application.
- if you only have 1 iPhone and your important job is so depended on it, you better thinking over to do this update.
But a few days after upgraded to iOS 9 Public Beta, maybe you found that you were not comfortable with iOS 9 Public Beta and want to downgrade it to latest iOS 8.4. Maybe because you found a lot of bugs or some of your third party application were not run well because of compatibility issue. Can we downgrade iOS 9 Public beta to iOS 8.4? Here we are going to discuss about that, how to downgrade from iOS 9 Public Beta to iOS 8.4 safely . We knew that Apple is anti-downgrade by there’s an exception for beta version. Apple realizes that downgrade is needed if user doesn’t like the beta version.
How to Downgrade from iOS 9 Public Beta to iOS 8.4 Safely
Because the downgrade process from iOS 9 Public beta to iOS 8.4 can eliminate data and applications on your iOS device, please backup your iOS device first via iCloud or via Mac/PC.
- Mac/PC with latest iTunes is installed
- internet connectivity
- lighting or 30 pin connector cable
- turn off Find My iPhone, Go to Settings >> iCloud, scroll down then slide off Find My iPhone, enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off
- plug your iOS device into Mac/PC
- put your iOS device into DFU mode. Hold down power button and home button until iPhone restarts. Count until 5 seconds and release power button but keep pressing the home button. If it succeeds, your iPhone screen will remain dark but iTunes will detect your iOS device in recovery mode.
- just hit OK then the only option for you is Restore (your iOS device). click Restore, another pop up message will appear just click on Restore and Update
- iTunes will download the latest iOS which is offered by Apple, click Next button and Agree.
- iTunes will download firmware that is suitable for your device.
- If the restore process done, your iOS device will start back to factory setting and you need to do an initial setting.
share with us if you find any problem during the process.