Google Feed was previously known as Google Now. As Google Now, the predictive service was immaculate, giving us updates and information that we would need before we can think to search for it. For example, it would give us all the latest details on a hotel we just searched up, or a train ticket that we had booked a month ago. Now, however, Google Feed has become another ordinary site to scroll through news headlines. Instead of predicting personally beneficial information, it instead gives us the latest news using the data from our latest search history. Although to a certain extent it is still customized to each Google user, it has become redundant because many other apps have this function. Thus, we will give you a solution and show you how to disable Google Feed.
See also: How to change Google profile photo
How to disable Google Feed
There are two methods we may use to disable Google Feed. The first method that will be listed below is more convenient to use compared to the second method. Thus, try to follow the steps for the first method. If it does not work, then the only solution will be the second method.
This method allows us to customize the settings from the Google application. This method is more convenient as it is permanent. However, there is a chance that Google may change its Settings and remove the option to toggle between enabling and disabling Google Feed.
- If you are using an Android device, from the home screen, tap Apps, then look for the Google app. If you are running an iOS device, search for the Google app from your home screens.
- Tap on the menu option. It should be shown as an icon with three horizontal lines.
- From the list of options provided, tap the Settings option.
- Under Settings, choose the option named Your Feed.
- Look for the setting named Feed. This will allow you to disable the entire Google Feed function on your device. Upon further prompting, you may also choose to delete the Google Feed function entirely from all the devices connected to the account.
- Press the Home button to exit the Google application.
This method only works if you do not use the Google application anymore after disabling your Google feed. If you do use the application again, the Google Feed will restart and you may need to re-do these steps again.
- If you are using an Android device, from the home screen, tap Apps, then look for the Settings app.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Scroll and look for the Apps and Notifications option. Tap on that option.
- Locate the Google application within Apps and Notifications on the list of apps given.
- Tap on the storage option given.
- Choose to Manage Space.
- Select the Clear Data/Clear All Data option. This will delete all your browser history and Google will not be able to use that information to generate Google Feed.
- Tap OK to confirm. This will confirm to delete all your browser history.
- Press the Home button to return to the home page.
- Do not launch the Google app anymore after finishing these steps.
Disabling your Google Feed does not change the rest of your Google account settings. It only disables the Google app from using the data collected from your search history to predict the information you may need.
Besides, here is a quick pro-tip: disabling the Google Feed function may help you to prolong the battery life of your device!