Venmo is a very popular mobile payment service that is owned by PayPal. It allows you to send and receive money using the app on your device, but both parties, the one who sends and the one who receives money need to live in the United States. Even though everything is handled using the app, there is one thing that you can’t do with the Venmo app, and that is closing the account. If you want to delete Venmo account, you can do it but only in the browser of your smartphone or using your desktop or laptop. Here is how you can do that.
See also: How To Link A Credit Card To PayPal
Before you delete your Venmo account
There are some things you need to do first:
- Make sure to transfer the funds you have on your Venmo account to your bank account
- Also, make sure to download a copy of your transaction history. It will be deleted along with your Venmo account.
How to delete Venmo account
Now that you transferred the funds to your bank account and when you downloaded the copy of your transaction history, you are ready to delete your account. Here is how do that:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to the Venmo website
- Click on the Log in in the top-right corner of the screen and enter your details
- Now click on Settings in the top-right
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the option “Close My Venmo Account”
- While you are there, you can click on “Download CSV”
- Now click Next
- A pop-up will show up, you will see a message “Before you can close your Venmo account, review and download your most recent statement”.
- Click Next
- Finally, you will be asked if you want to close your account
- Click Close Account.
Once this is all done, you will get an email that will let you know your account is deleted.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.