If you are on Twitch and if you are worried about how to delete those past broadcasts you made because of this or that reason, worry no more. This article is going to guide you on how to delete past broadcasts on Twitch and doing it fast and easily.
Broadcasts are live streams and whenever they are done, Twitch saves them in your channel (with limitations). This is together with clips, highlights, and uploaded videos. Apart from broadcasts, you can also delete the others if you wish to use the steps that will be given in this article.
See also: How to delete your Twitch account
Here are some reasons for deleting past broadcasts:
- The video capturing was problematic and the stream was not an overall great experience.
- Just want to, because you want no attachment with them anymore.
Whatever your reason is, it is convenient that you delete your past broadcast on a laptop or a desktop. It is possible on the mobile phone if you use your browser with the desktop site setting on (and not the app).
Deleting past broadcasts
Here’s how you do it on a Windows, a macOS or a Linux:
- On a browser of your choice, visit Twitch.tv.
- On the page that opens, click on ‘Log in’ (top right) and enter your login details to access your account. If you were already logged in, that will not be necessary.
Successful login should show your home page with a Twitch-promoted live stream going on.
- On the home page, click on the icon that has your profile picture. It is at the top right corner.
- On the menu that displays, click on the ‘Creator Dashboard’. You will be opened to your channel’s dashboard.
If you’re in a rush and you want to do this quickly, click on ‘Video Producer’ instead of ‘Creator Dashboard’ and fast-forward to step 7. Though, steps 5 and 6 aren’t harmful!
- On the top left corner, tap on the icon with the three lines. Then, click on the ‘Content’ button which will be in the menu that appears.
- Of the options that display under ‘Content’, click on ‘Video Producer’. All your past broadcasts, clips, highlights, and video uploads will be displayed there. Each of them is label clip, highlight as applies.
- Navigate to the past broadcast you want to delete.
- Once you get to it, click on the three-dotted icon on its far-right position.
- On the small menu that displays, click on ‘Delete’ which should be the last option on the menu.
- If you’re sure you want to delete the video, click ‘Delete Video’ from the box that pops up.
Remember that you will delete your broadcast forever. So, think about it before you trash it.
If you’re using your mobile phone’s browser, the above steps will serve you just right. Just remember to switch to the desktop site of Twitch.tv.
What you should know
Twitch does not save anyone’s past broadcasts forever (with limitations, remember?). If you are a non-paying Twitch member, your broadcasts are only saved for up to 14 days. Partners of Twitch and Turbo premium subscribers have 60 days, that’s 46 more than non-paying members.
The steps should work just fine and those broadcasts should be history by now.