Using WhatsApp is pretty simple and straightforward. But, if you are just getting to know the app perhaps you still don’t know all of its features. One of the options available is to delete the message you sent – you can delete it only for yourself, or you can delete it for everyone. This can be very useful especially if you sent the message to a contact by mistake. Here, we are going to show you how to delete messages on WhatsApp.
See also: How to forward messages on WhatsApp
You can delete messages using the app, but you can also delete them on the WhatsApp web.
There are several things we should mention:
- You can request to delete a message for about an hour after you sent it
- Your contacts may see the message before you delete it
- The messages can be successfully deleted for you and your contact only if both of you have the latest version of WhatsApp
- Sometimes, the deletion may not be successful, but you won’t be notified if that’s the case.
Delete messages using the app
Here is how to delete messages using the app:
- Open WhatsApp
- Next, open the chat that contains the message you want to delete
- Tap and hold the message
- You will see a box displaying a few options and those are Delete for me, Cancel, and Delete for everyone
- Choose the option you want.
Delete messages on WhatsApp Web
If you are using WhatsApp Web, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp Web
- Find the chat that contains the message you want to delete and tap on it
- Now find the message and click on it
- Click on the arrow to open the menu
- Click Delete
- You will see a few options and those are Delete for me, Cancel, and Delete for everyone
- Choose the option you want and click on it.
This is how you can delete messages using the app or WhatsApp Web.