Telegram is an app that is available in the App Store, and also in the Google Play Store. The app is free and you only need to have your Wi-Fi or mobile data turned on in order to be able to use it. You are able to chat with people all around the world for free, they do not have to be near you!
In this article, we will be showing you how to delete the messages from the Telegram chat if needed.
See also: How to change a username on Telegram
Why is the deleting messages useful?
Well, it can really come in handy if you have, perhaps, misspelled a word and you want to correct yourself. So, instead of typing in the correction and the * sign after that, you can simply delete a message and write a new one so that the chat would look clean. Or, maybe, if you have perhaps regretted what you have said in that message, and you want to delete it before that person sees it, this feature can really be a lifesaver. We are completely sure that you have also sometimes written a message and send it to the wrong person, so instead of them seeing it, you can just delete it from that chat and send it again to the right person. It is as simple as it sounds, and you are able to learn how to delete the messages in just a few minutes by following these steps below. Trust us, this feature is really a lifesaver!
Steps to deleting messages on Telegram
- In order to start following these steps below, you first must have the Telegram app downloaded and installed on your phone. Then, make sure that you are already logged into your account, and if you aren’t, log in right now. So, first, open the app on your device.
- In the chat section, find the chat that contains a message which you want to permanently delete. Open that chat on your phone.
- You might have to scroll a bit until you find a message that you want to delete, but if that is the last message that you have sent, and that person has not yet seen it, you are in luck! Tap on the message that you want to delete to open up a small pop-up menu on your screen.
- When that menu shows up you will be able to see many different options. For example, you are able to Pin that message, but, find the Delete option among others in that menu. Click on the option when you see it.
- Yet another smaller pop-up window is going to show up on your screen. You will now need to confirm that you are really sure that you want to delete that message from the chat. Confirm that by clicking on Yes.
Congratulations, you have now deleted the message from the chat before that person has seen it. Replace that message with another one!
We are also going to show you another way to delete a message.
- So, do the steps from 1-3. But, when you find the message, tap and hold on it. You are going to see a bar showing up on the top of your screen.
- Find the trash can in that bar, it is usually located in the top right corner of the screen. When you find the trash bin click on it.
- You are going to be asked to confirm that you really want to delete that message from the chat, confirm by clicking on the Yes button.
And you are done!