Instagram allows you to share your photos and videos in a fun and easy way. You can store all your favorite photos and memories in a single place. But, you may want to delete some old posts that you no longer want on your feed. And of course, you can do that. Just keep in mind that once you delete the post, you won’t be able to retrieve it. The great thing is that you can choose the option to archive the post instead. If you do that, the post will be removed from your profile, but you will be able to unarchive it anytime you want. Here, we are going to show you how to delete Instagram post, and we are also going to show you how to archive it.
How to delete Instagram post
Deleting a post on Instagram requires just a few taps. Here is what you need to do:
- Open Instagram on your mobile device
- Go to your profile page and find the post you want to delete
- Tap on the post
- Next, tap on three dots in the top-right corner
- In the menu, tap on Delete
- In the pop-up window that will show up, tap Delete.
That’s it. The post is now deleted.
How to archive an Instagram post
As mentioned, once you delete a post, that’s it. You won’t be able to retrieve it. You can archive it instead, and unarchive it anytime you want. Here is how to do that:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile page
- Find the post you want to archive, tap on it
- Next, tap on three dots in the top-right corner and tap Archive
If you change your mind at some point and want the post to be visible on your profile, go to the “Archive” page, find the post, tap on it, tap on three dots and then tap “Show on profile”.