Are you cleaning the storage space of your phone and want to remove extra and unnecessary chat histories so that you can have more storage space on your phone? Do you want to delete all chat history? There are simple ways to do any of these things. All these ways have been discussed in this article. Whether you use the Android IMO app or the iOS IMO app, the steps discussed here are similar to both the versions of the app. So, read on to find out how to delete IMO Messenger chat history.
See also: How to link accounts on IMO
If you want to delete the chat history of only one chat or a few chats individually, then you must use the methods discussed in this section.
The first method of deleting the chat history individually is:
- Open the IMO app on your smartphone.
- Log in to your IMO account if you have not logged in already.
- Search for the contact or contacts whose chat history that you want to delete.
- For each contact that you want to delete,
- Tap on the contact to open its chat history.
- On the top-right corner, you will see a three-dots icon, tap on it.
- A drop-down menu appears. You need to tap on the ‘delete chat history’ option here.
- Wait for the deletion to finish.
- Once you are done with these steps, the chat history of the contacts you selected has been deleted.
Another shorter method to delete chat history is:
- Go to the Apps section of your smartphone after unlocking it.
- Here, you need to choose the IMO app to be opened.
- Once the IMO app is open, you will see the contacts displayed in a list form on the app screen.
- From these contacts, what you need to do is select those contacts that need to get their chat history deleted.
- Now repeat these steps, for the selected contacts one-by-one:
- Do a long tap on the contact until you see a pop-up menu appear.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, you should see a ‘delete chat history’ option. Tap on it.
- Next, wait for the chat history to get deleted.
- After this, the chat history of the selected contacts will be deleted from your phone.
Delete all at once
There is a method to delete the chat history of all your contacts together. For doing this, follow these steps:
- First of all, unlock your smartphone and then go to the apps section where you will find the IMO app. Tap on the IMO app to open it.
- The IMO app will open now.
- You should see the home page of the IMO app.
- From this page, tap on the three-dots icon to open the main menu of the app.
- Tap on the ‘settings’ option present here. This will open a new menu.
- In this new menu, scroll down and keep scrolling down until you find the ‘delete chat history’ option. What you need to do now is tap on this option.
- A dialog box will open now. Tap on the ‘delete’ option in this dialog box.
- Your chat history for all the IMO contacts will be deleted now.
Points to note:
- Update the IMO app to its latest version if the methods above did not work and try them again.
- Be 100% sure before deleting all chat history at once as this is a permanent step and can’t be undone.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals