In this article, we are going to show you a way to delete your IGTV from your Instagram account. You are going to read a step-by-step guide that is going to teach you how to delete those kinds of videos. So, without further ado, let’s get right to it.
See also: How to upload a video on IGTV
Steps to deleting your IGTV video in the Instagram application
Since you want to know how to delete the IGTV video from Instagram, we assume that you already have the Instagram application downloaded to your phone. Before you start doing these steps, please open up the Instagram application on your device. If there is a chance that you are not already logged into your Instagram account, log in now, and start doing these steps below:
- So, when the Instagram Home page loads on your screen, look for the IGTV icon there on that page. That icon looks like a little TV with a small antenna, and the icon is usually located in the top right corner of the Home page, it is right next to the DMs button. When you find it, click on it.
- One of the most currently IGTV videos is going to load on your screen. We need you to look for your profile picture icon (in the top right corner of your screen), and when you find it, click on it. By clicking on it, you will be opening up a page with all of your posted IGTV videos.
- Among your videos, find the one that you want to delete and click on it to open it.
- When the video opens up on your screen, tap somewhere in the middle of the screen in order to expand some options there.
- Among those now expanded options, find the three-dotted button and click on it. The button is almost always located somewhere in the bottom half of your screen and right next to the Like and Comment buttons.
- After you have tapped on that button a new pop-up menu should show up on your screen. The first option in that menu should be the Delete options. Tap on it in order to delete the IGTV video from your profile. Right after you have clicked on that button, you should see that a new pop-up message has shown up on your screen asking you to confirm that you are sure that you want to delete and remove that IGTV from your profile. Confirm that by clicking on the Delete button once again at the end of that message. And that was all, you have now successfully deleted a video from IGTV.
If you cannot delete the video after doing these steps
You should try doing these steps and use these tips below if you are, for some reason, not able to remove the IGTV video from your profile:
- Instagram is a platform that only works if you have a stable internet connection. Before you want to delete the IGTV video from your profile, make sure that you are connected to your local Wi-Fi network, or that your mobile data is turned on.
- If Instagram does not work properly on your device, you might have to delete its cache memory from your device. In order to do that, go to the Settings of your phone, then to the Applications section and find Instagram there. Once the Instagram app’s preferences have opened up on your screen, click on the cache memory section and delete it.
- And, if you are still having some problems, do not hesitate to seek help from Instagram’s staff.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.