Although arguable, all the anime fans convene at Funimation to consume that which they love the best. Funimation is a Japanese-American platform that offers over-the-top streaming for anime and manga fans in the US and Canada. Fans in the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia only enjoy the Premium plus package.
Fans from other parts of the world are not completely locked out, thanks to VPNs. On Funimation, you get to stream the newest dubbed and subbed shows. Funimation’s library is regularly updated, so if you are looking for the latest anime, it's on Funimation.
Since you surely do not want to hear any praises about Funimation, you will know how to delete your Funimation account in a moment.
The reasons why
To get to the point of wanting to delete your account, Funimation must have disappointed you to the bone. Could any of these be the reasons why?
- You’re experiencing technical issues on the website/app
- The subscription fee is too high and you don’t want to pay it anymore
- You don’t use Funimation that much
- You have found greener pastures, for example, Otter Media’s Crunchyroll
- The anime you want to watch is not there
- The interface is not very comfortable
- The quality of the videos is not impressive
- The device you desire to stream Funimation anime is not supported (like Android TV)
- Ads are suffocating you (free subscription)
It's good to be clear about your reasoning since this information is important when you start the account deletion process.
So, how do you delete it?
If you have used VRV (made by Crunchyroll), you will realize that they have this in common with Funimation – no delete button. There are no in-platform capabilities for deleting your Funimation account. Instead, you need to contact customer support and submit a ticket.
Here's how to delete your Funimation account:
- On your modern browser, visit Funimation’s website – Funimation.com.
- On Funimation’s homepage, click the ‘Login’ button at the screen's top-right corner.
- On the "Sign in to Funimation" page, enter your email address and password to access your account, or sign in through your connected social media channel. Successful login should open you up to your account’s homepage.
- Scroll down to the page and click the "Customer Support" hyperlink. This will open you to Funimation’s help page.
- Scroll down to the end of the page. Under the ‘Can’t Find What You’re Looking For?’ label, click the red "Contact Us" button. This will open a customer support form. Fill out the form as guided below:
- In the email text box, type the email your account is registered with.
- On the ‘Reason for contacting us’ list box, pick the ‘Login/Registration’ option.
- Under the "Subtopic," pick the "Deletion Request" option.
- Under the ‘Description’ section, use this as a template:
This topic explains the nature of this submission. This (or these) is my reason(s) for wanting out: (list your reasons why).
- Once the request is ready, click the ‘Contact Us’ button. This message will display on your screen, "Thank you for your message. We’ll get in touch with you shortly."
You can now check your email. The funimation will guide you appropriately.
You and Funimation are over!
You have now started your journey of terminating Funimation services. The Funimation will delete your details from our system, and any active subscription will be invalidated.
Now, consider exploring other anime platforms, such as Crunchyroll. You can also set up a VRV (verve) account and enjoy Crunchyroll and HIDIVE. You can get exclusive anime on those platforms at a good price.
Funimation had a chance with you, but now that is gone. If you need to move on, you know just where to go.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals