Has your iTunes library become overloaded with songs? Do you want to remove a few songs, tv shows, movies that you no longer need or no longer play from your iTunes library? If that is the case, then read on to find out how you can delete content from iTunes. Steps to delete are given both for PC and Mac users. Also, there are steps to delete songs from iTunes using an iPhone. You should know that once you delete a song from one device, that song will be deleted from all devices only after they sync. Also, if have bought any song and you delete it, then it will be hidden and not deleted.
Deleting from Mac or PC
- First, you need to open iTunes on your device.
- Then, go to the menu at the left and click on one of the options like songs, music, movies, tv shows, etc. i.e. the type of content that you want to delete.
- Now, click on the ‘library’ option from the bar just below the menu bar
- Here, you will be able to see the list of contents, e.g. music, that you have saved in your device or on the cloud.
- Now, from this list, click on the item that you want to delete and select it. If you want to delete more than one item, you can select more than one item by holding the ctrl button on the PC or the command button on the Mac.
- Now, right-click on the selected item(s) that you have selected to be deleted.
- A pop-up menu will appear. From this pop-up menu, click on the option which says delete.
- Now, you can choose between removing the item from your iTunes library only or removing the item from your device.
- If you choose to remove it from the iTunes library, then you need to click on the ‘keep file’ option.
- If you choose to remove it from the device, then click on the ‘move to recycle bin’ option. In this case, the item will be removed from your device completely only if you empty the recycle bin.
Deleting songs from iPhone
- On your iPhone, open the Music app.
- Now, find the song or album which is to be deleted.
- When you find that song, tap on the 3-dots icon next to that song.
- As soon as you tap on the 3-dots icon, a menu will appear which will be a drop-down menu.
- Choose to tap on the ‘delete from library’ option and then tap on the ‘delete song’ option.
Points to note:
- The playlists and folders that were inside a folder are also deleted when you delete that folder.
- If you have a song selected in a smart playlist along with live update switched on, then you will not be able to remove that song. So, to remove that song, deselect it from the smart playlist. And then you can easily remove that song.
- When you delete a playlist then also the songs in the playlist do not get deleted from the iTunes library.
- When you delete a song from the iTunes library, it will remain in iCloud to played be played or downloaded whenever you want in the case where you have a subscription of Apple Music or iTunes Match.
- If an item which is in a playlist is deleted, then it does not get removed from the iTunes library or your device.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.