In this guide, we are going to be teaching you how to delete the messages that you have sent in one chat, and also, showing you a way to delete a whole conversation that you have had with one person in a private chat. These processes are quite easy and they can be done in just a few minutes and in just a few simple steps, so do not worry about that. Head over to the first paragraph of this article to start learning.
See also: How to join a meeting on Microsoft Teams
Steps to deleting messages on Microsoft Teams
Before you delete the message, have in mind that there is a way to edit it and change its content if you have made a mistake for example. But, we are going to be showing you a way to delete your messages in Microsoft Teams.
- The first thing that you need to do is to open up the Microsoft Teams app on your computer. Also, you must be logged into your Teams account, so do not forget that.
- Head over to the Chats section and find the chat that contains a message which you want to delete.
- When you have found that message that has been bothering you, or which was sent to the wrong person, select it. To select the message, press your cursor over it and click on it.
- You will be able to see the three-dotted button has appeared next to that message, click on it in order to continue.
- By opening the More options section, you are going to be able to see some more options, obviously. So, you can save that message, edit it (as we have previously mentioned, to edit a message, click on that second option and correct it), and delete it. Since we are here explaining to you how to delete your messages, click on that last, third option there.
- You are going to beaked to confirm that deletion. Confirm it by clicking on the Continue button. And that is basically it.
Steps to deleting chats in Microsoft Teams
And now, this is how to delete whole chats in Microsoft Teams. This process is even easier than the process of deleting messages that we have explained in the previous paragraph of this article. So, just follow these simple steps and you are going to delete your private chats in just a few minutes.
- Well, firstly, open the Microsoft Teams app on your computer.
- In the left sidebar, you are going to be able to see some options. Click on the second one, the Chat option in order to open up your chats.
- Among your chats, find the one which you want to delete and move your cursor to it.
- Click and hold, or left-click the chat with that person in order to expand some more options.
- You are going to be able to see the three-dotted button there, click on it to open up the More options menu.
- In that menu, find the Delete a conversation option and click on it in order to delete the whole conversation that you had with that person.
- A pop-up message should appear asking you whether or not you really want to delete the whole chat with that person, and also, that message is going to be informing you that you will not be able to bring back those messages nor the chat history. If you are sure that you want to delete it, confirm the deletion process by clicking on the Confirm button at the end of that pop-up message. And that is it you have now deleted a whole conversation that you have had with a person.