To have preferences in one place, Redditors create multireddit. This serves as a user interface to help them navigate around subreddits that they like. Therefore, the need to know how to create multireddit is very necessary for Reddit users.
To customize a multireddit, Reddit users choose from different options on the front page list to create a group of choice subreddits from all subscribed communities. The end means is to have a good prioritized set in one place for easy access.
See also: How to get Karma on Reddit
Steps to customizing a multireddit
It is important to note that Reddit UI is divided into two: the new design which is reddit.com and the old design which can be viewed using old.reddit.com. The difference between the two is the design and nothing more. In this guide, we are going to use both designs to create a custom feed which is also known as multis/multireddits.
- Login into your Reddit Home page: If you don’t have Reddit account you can sign up by searching for “Reddit sign up” on the search engine. This will take you to Reddit’s home page.
- Click the home expandable button for a drop-down of a list of vertical icons: Here, you move your cursor down, click on the “plus custom feed” icon to see a pop up of “create a custom feed” settings.
- Creating your multireddit account: Add your custom feed name in the first box, type in an amazing description in the second box and save.
- Fill it up with choice communities: You will only have an empty multireddits if you don’t do this.
In order to achieve this, hover your mouse cursor to the “manage communities” at the right-hand side of your screen. Type in names or keywords related to any subreddit you want to add to the multireddit. Click on them once they appear, and click the add button to save it into the multireddits.
Old Reddit Page customization:
- Open the Old Reddit Page: Visit old.reddit.com. You have to do this with a different tab once you are logged in, or you go to your profile on the new Reddit bar showing your “Reddit Karma” and “username” at the top edge of the menu bar. It is a drop-down of icons. Click on the “visit old Reddit” to open the old Reddit home page. It is just before the “log out” option.
- Go to the Home Page: Click on the Reddit icon at the top left-hand side of your screen to go to the home page.
- Find your multireddit builder: Click on my subreddits drop down icon on the first top menu bar, click on the “edit subscription” which is the last on the list of options.
- Create your multireddits: On the right-hand side of the page, you will see a list of subreddits titled “Home Feed Subreddits”, hover your mouse cursor on any of the subreddits on the list: a box will appear where you can create multireddits.
- Start adding: After creating your multireddits, you can hover to any subreddits, check the box beside the multireddits you created to add.
- View your multireddits: At the second menu bar, you can click the “my multireddits” icon to view your multireddit.
Customizing with a mobile app
- Click on the block “subscriptions” Icon at the menu bar bottom of your screen
- Click on “custom feed” button at the left top bar
- Click “create new custom feed” to start building your multireddit. From this point, it becomes similar to working on computers.