In this article, we are going to show you how to create a poll on Telegram. But first, let’s talk about Telegram for a little.
Telegram is a social media messaging apps. It is one of the most popular messaging apps in the whole wide world currently. It is right behind Viber and WhatsApp in the list of the most downloaded apps on Google Play Store. The app was launched back in 2013, but then, it was not at all popular. Telegram started to get its popularity in 2017 when many people started to use it. It has a long-range of different features, you can, for example, make a secret chat which is encrypted and totally secure, make a Supergroup- a group that can contain 100000 members and so on.
See also: How to make a Supergroup on Telegram
What is a poll on Telegram used for?
Like any other poll, you are able to get the answers from the people in your group chat and see who answered what. It is a great way to get information from your friends. Also, polls are frequently used in group chats when people disagree on a certain topic and they need to decide which answer is the best by voting. Polls are also widely used on Instagram, Twiter, and on Facebook too.
Creating a poll on Telegram
Before you can start with the steps, you first must open the Telegram app on your device. We hope that you already have it installed and that you are already logged into your Telegram account. If not, you can log in now in order to continue.
- Once the Telegram app has opened on your device, and you are able to see its Home page, look for the Search button on that screen. The Search button is usually located in the top right corner of your device’s screen, but that varies depending on which version of the app you have. Click on that Search button when you find it in order to start the search.
- Now, in the Search box, you will need to type @pollbot.
- You are going to see the top results of that search appear right under the search box. Click on the first search result in order to continue.
- When the new chat with that bot opens, click on the huge Start button at the end of it.
- You are going to start making your poll right now. The first thing that you need to do is to type your first question in the message box, and also, send it like a regular message.
- After writing and sending your first question, you need to write the first option answer, because this is a multiple answers poll. Although, if you want to have only two answers, for example, after sending them, type in the message box this /done and send that too.
- You are going to get a message from the bot that your poll is ready you will also see the link of the poll. Click on that link, you are going to be taken to a new window where you will see all of the chats in which you can send your new poll.
- Open the chat in which you want to send a poll by clicking on it.
- Telegram is going to send you a confirmation message asking you whether or not you want to add a bot into that chat. Confirm by clicking on the Ok button at the end of that message.
- You will be able to see the answers from your friends when they answer that poll. It has been successfully sent to others!