TeamViewer GmbH (or LLC in the US) is the German company that developed TeamViewer. It was founded in 2005. TeamViewer is available in many regions across the globe and this makes it a great resource. Of the many features of TeamViewer, the most appreciated one in the remote control. Some of the other features you can enjoy with a TeamViewer account is:
- A quick connection that does not require you to enter TeamViewer credentials (ID and password).
- File transfers, presentations, and chats
- Monitoring computers from a remote location using a feature called TeamViewer™ Monitoring
- Augmented reality
- Engaging on the TeamViewer community platform
Looking at the above, creating a TeamViewer account will surely give you an upper hand in terms of controlling your computer. Also, you can execute other online engagements such as web and video conferencing. This article will guide you on how to create a TeamViewer account.
See also: How to reset TeamViewer ID
Stepping into TeamViewer
You can either create your account on TeamViewer’s website or within the TeamViewer application.
On the Website
- On your modern browser, visit the TeamViewer Management Console via this link. This will open you up to a registration form.
- Click on the ‘Sign Up’ tab.
- Enter your e-mail address, name, and password. You can choose to subscribe to TeamViewer’s free newsletter by checking on the box.
- Check the ‘I have read and accepted the EULA’. Also, pass the reCAPTCHA test by checking the box (it will show a green tick).
- Then, click the ‘Sign Up’ button. You will be shown the ‘Grant Access’ button where TeamViewer Community will request for you to allow it to do account management. Click on the ‘Allow’ button.
- The ‘Complete your profile’ page will open. Enter your desired username, accept the terms of service then proceed. TeamViewer will inform you that you have joined their support community. You can use that account to operate on TeamViewer.
Remember to go to your mailbox and confirm your email address using the link that TeamViewer will send to you.
On the application
- Visit this link and download the full version setup of TeamViewer.
- Once the download is complete, install it. It should take you a little while.
- From the list of your apps, launch TeamViewer by clicking on its icon.
- On the app’s window, click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see the login space. Click on the ‘Sign Up’ hyperlink. This will open up a mini window labeled ‘Create TeamViewer account’.
- On the mini window, enter your name, email address, and your password twice. Once that is done, click on the ‘Next’ button. Once the account creation is successful, TeamViewer will automatically log you in. They will also add the computer that you have used following these steps.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button to go back to TeamViewer.
Welcome to TeamViewer!
Whatever step you use, you must download the software and install it on any computer you want to control. If you want to control your computer using a mobile phone, download the TeamViewer app from the relevant stores.
When you sign up, TeamViewer records you as a free user. You may choose to grow into a customer with any of the four premium packages.
TeamViewer has more to it than you can see. Using your account, visit TeamViewer Support Community and get to know how to work your way around the platform. Then, you can grow from being a TeamViewer newbie to an expert.
Now, go forth and enjoy the platform!