Once you are on the Internet, you are likely to experience different kinds of problems, especially technical ones. When this happens, there is usually a need to contact the relevant persons.
At this time, Instagram records more than 500 million users daily and an impressive average of about 1 billion every month. If all these people would try to contact Instagram on this or that issue, Instagram would very much be overwhelmed. There is no way you can reply to 500 million emails without having to die first. This article is going to guide you on how to contact Instagram.
Instagram and Customer Help
Instagram’s direct phone number is (650) 543-4800 and their email is firstname.lastname@example.org. However, it is almost impossible to get a human response if you use these channels because they are already overwhelmed.
Apart from using their FAQs (Frequently Answered Questions) page to see whether your issue has been addressed there, you can use some steps on the app or the web for you to get help. This is by visiting the Help Centre page.
Why would you want to contact Instagram?
You could be contacting Instagram for any of the following reasons:
- Using Instagram
- Managing your account
- Login and troubleshooting
- Privacy and safety setting
- Instagram for business
Also, you could be wanting to report an issue faced on Instagram.
Contacting IG on the app
- On the home page of your screen, scroll through the list of your apps, and tap on the Instagram icon.
- Once the app launches, enter your username and password or log in from Facebook. Once this is successful, you should be opened up to the home page.
- Tap on the icon at the bottom-right corner to open your profile’s page.
- Tap on the three bars at the top-right corner of your profile’s page for a menu to slide in from the right.
- On the menu, tap on the ‘Settings’ button at the bottom of it.
- On the ‘Settings’ page, tap on the ‘Help’ button. Under ‘Help’, you can contact Instagram in any of the three ways displayed:
- Report a problem – here, you can report spam or abuse, send feedback, or report a problem.
- Help Centre – this option will redirect you to help.instagram.com.
- Privacy and security – this option will guide you on account management and customizing your Instagram experience.
- Of importance is (b) – Help Centre. Once your default browser opens, you can choose to ask Instagram a question on the ‘How can we help? box.
You can explore the ‘What’s New’ page to know whether your concern is there. At the time of this writing, the ‘What’s New’ page had issues about chat stickers and IGTV.
Contacting IG on the web
- Click on the website and make sure that you are logged in.
- Tap on your profile’s icon which is at the top-right corner of the page.
- When your profile opens, scroll to the end of the page and click on the ‘Help’ button. This opens you up to Instagram’s Help Centre page.
- Of the five tabs that are on the right side of the screen, choose any and explore. This page should sort out your concern.
Help is on the way
You may not be able to get a human response by using Instagram’s phone number or email address, but you will surely get the attention you need on the ‘Help Centre’ page.
The best bet is that your concern and reason for wanting to contact Instagram has already been addressed.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.