If you are a Mac user but use an Android phone instead of iPhone, that is not a crime. iPhone is a great smartphone, but some Android phones may have interesting features that you cannot find on Apple phones. The lower price can be another reason for Mac users to prefer choosing Android phones than the iPhone. But then, the problem appears when you want to connect Android to Mac. It is not as easy as using AirDrop because both devices live in different ecosystems. There are several methods to transfer files from Android phone to Mac that I will like to share with you here. The most effective way and the official ones.
How To Connect Android Phone To Mac
The Most Effective Way – Dr. Fone Phone Manager
If you value time more than any other things, choosing the most effective way to connect Android phone to Mac is more important of all. Because time is so precious for you, Dr. Fone Phone Manager software can be the best choice to solve your transferring files issues between Android devices and Apple computers.
Dr. Fone Phone Manager will let you transfer Android files to Mac without losing time in only 3 easy steps. Before you start the process, download and install the software from their official website. Now, let’s start off.
Step 1 – Connect Android Phone To Mac
Launch Dr. Fone Phone Manager software and connect your Android device to Mac computer using the original USB cable that comes with your phone. The software will detect it and your phone will be displayed on the screen.
Step 2 – Choose the Files
You will see your Android phone displayed on the Phone Manager screen. Click the file type you want to transfer from the upper menu bar. For example, tap Photos if you want to transfer images from your Android device to Mac.
Step 3 – Export the Files
All the photos from your Android device will be displayed on the Phone Manager screen. Choose the images you wish to transfer to Mac and click the Export icon > Export to PC.
- Dr. Fone Phone Manager is a product made by Wondershare – A software company with 15 years experience in the software field. The other popular product from the company is WhatsApp Transfer that lets you transfer and backup WhatsApp and the other social media apps.
- Compatible with a wide range of Android phones.
- Compatible with Android 2.2 and higher, and fully compatible with Android 10.0 and Samsung S10.
- Can Transfer any kind of files to Mac, including photos, contact, SMS, music, and more.
- Compatible with the very old version of macOS 10.8 to macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and Android 2.0 to the latest.
- It has been downloaded around 3.5 million users.
Dr. Fone Phone Manager is not free software. Maybe that is the only minus point it has. However, spending $4 per month is not a big deal if it’s compared to the values you will get from it. You can even get an interesting Holiday deal if you visit their website right now. You can get up to 80% off from Dr. Fone.
The Official Way – Android File Transfer By Google
Google realizes that its Android users will need to transfer or back up files from a mobile device to a computer. For that purpose, they provide a tool called Android File Transfer which can also be used on Apple computers. You can find and download it on their website for free. How to connect Android phone to Mac computer using this Google native app? Here you go.
- Download Android Transfer File here and install it on your Mac computer.
- Drag Android File Transfer to the Application folder on your Mac.
- Get the USB cable that comes with your Android phone to connect it to the Mac computer.
- If the software doesn’t open automatically after you connect Android phone to Mac, launch it manually.
- Once your Android device is detected by your computer, select the files and folders your want to transfer. Copy the files and paste it to your Mac.
- First of all, it’s free.
- It is a native app made by Google.
- Compatible with a wide range of Android devices
- Transferring the files is backbreaking work, foremost if you try to move a larger size of files. Sometimes, it takes forever to load and stops in the middle of the transferring process and you have to start over again.
- Sometimes, to sync an Android phone to Mac is not easy. Even, some devices cannot be detected by Mac.
For Samsung Users – SideSync By Samsung
To help their users transfer photos from Samsung to Mac computer, the company creates a tool called SideSync. It lets you sync your Samsung devices to PC or Mac and transfer files wirelessly or using a USB cable.
- Install and launch SideSync on your Android phone and Mac.
- Connect both devices to the same WiFi network if you want to connect Android phone to Mac wirelessly. Otherwise use a USB cable to get both devices connected.
- On your Mac, click the file of your phone that you want to move. For example, if you want to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac computer, click on the Gallery app and find the pictures you wish to transfer.
- Click and hold the mouse on the file until the SideSync icon appears.
- Simply drag the file to the desired location on your Mac.
- It’s free software made by Samsung.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Compatible with older macOS 10.7 or later.
- Compatible with smartphones using Android KitKat (4.4) or higher. The older Android version cannot use this software.
- Compatible with Tablet using Android Lollipop (5.0) or higher.
- May not work in some device models.
- SideSync is not available for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+.