Since you are reading this article, we assume that you have already probably heard of the current number one downloaded app on the Google store, TikTok. It’s an application where you can post your videos that can be 30 seconds long or more. This app got the famous app label back in December 2019, and since then almost everybody we know uses TikTok!
If you are having some memory problems on your phone, and you want to free up some space, the best way to do that is to clear the cache memory of the apps from your device. We will be showing how you can clear TikTok’s cache memory in this step by step guide.
See also: TikTok vs Byte
How to clear the cache?
There are several ways you can do this, and they are not hard at all. We will be showing and explaining all of them to you.
The first way (for both android and IOS devices):
- You will firstly have to open your TikTok app.
- Next, go to the “Me” icon in the bottom right corner so you can enter your profile.
- Look for the three dots option that should be located somewhere on the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
- When you find it, click on it.
- You will be taken to the “Privacy and Settings” tab. Now, you should look for the “Cache memory” button under the “About” section. Scroll down a little, it should be located right above the “Log out” button.
- When you find it, click on it. You will be asked to confirm if you are really sure that you want to delete this app’s cache memory. Simply click on “Yes” and you are all done.
For IOS devices:
- Firstly, open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll and find the “General” options, then click on it.
- Go to the “iPhone” storage section and again, tap on it.
- Find the TikTok app from which you want to delete the cache memory and click on it.
- The new window with the specifications of the app and how much space it takes on your phone will show up. Under the “Troubleshooting” section click on the “Reset cache on Next Lunch” button and turn it on.
And that was the whole process. The cache memory will be deleted the next time you open TikTok.
For Android devices:
The steps for deleting cache memory from Android devices are a bit different than IOS’s steps.
- Swipe up and open your phone’s settings.
- Depending on which Android device you are using, the “Memory” settings will be in different places. Usually, you should look for either “Apps” settings or generally “Memory” settings. Once you find it, click on it.
- You will now need to scroll through all of your apps until you find the TikTok one. When you do, lightly tap on it.
- You will see a new window with all of the app’s specifications (how much memory it takes on your phone, which permissions it has, how much data does it use and etc..). You should find the “Storage” section and you should click on it.
- Several “Storage” options will show up, go to the Cache one, click on it, confirm that you wish to delete the cache memory by clicking on “Yes” if the phone asks you and you are all finished.
We hope that you’ve found this article helpful. If you’ve maybe haven’t been able to delete the app’s cache through the app way, consider contacting the app’s staff for further information and more solutions to your issue. Thanks for reading!