Viber allows us to chat with our friends and family, to share photos, links, locations, and make video calls. It is very simple to use and it comes with great and useful features. But if you are new to the app you might need some time to explore all the options. If you are wondering how to clear message history on Viber, continue reading. That’s exactly what we are going to talk about here.
See also: How to open a secret chat on Viber
You can clear the message history for each contact separately, or you can clear the message history for all the contacts. We will show you both.
How to clear message history on Viber: One contact
If you want to clear the message history for a specific contact, just follow the steps below:
- Open the chatbox with that contact
- Tap on three dots located in the top-right corner
- Tap Clear chat
- You will be asked if you want to clear chat history, tap Clear
- The history will be deleted.
Clear entire message history
Perhaps you want to clear the entire message history, and if that’s the case it would be crazy to go from one chat to another performing the steps we have listed above. There is an easy way to do this, and here are the steps:
- Open Viber app and tap on “More” in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Next, tap Settings
- Now tap Calls and messages
- You will see the option “Clear message history” located at the bottom of the page
- Tap on it
- You will see a message saying “This will delete all your Viber message history”
- Tap Clear.
There it is. You can clear the message history for each contact separately, but if you want to clear it all, you can do that as well. Choose the method that suits you.