You may want to clear all the messages inside the chat with a specific contact on WhatsApp. You can do that for all the contacts as well. Not sure how? Don’t worry, we are going to show you the steps. Let’s see how to clear chats on WhatsApp.
See also: How to delete messages on WhatsApp
As mentioned, you can clear the messages with a specific contact, but you can do it for all of the contacts at once. We will show you how to do both.
How to clear chats on WhatsApp with a specific contact
Here is how to clear a chat with a specific contact:
- Open the chat with a contact you want
- Next, tap on the dots located in the top-right corner
- When a drop-down menu shows up, click More
- Next, click Clear chat
- Choose if you want to delete media in the chat by checking or unchecking the box
- Click Clear.
If you are using WhatsApp Web, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp Web
- Next, open the chat with the contact you want
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner
- Choose if you want to keep starred messages by checking or unchecking the box
- Click Clear.
How to clear all the chats
The second option allows you to clear all the chats with all of your contacts. Here is how to do that:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap three dots in the top-right corner
- Next, tap Settings
- Now tap Chats
- Tap Chat history
- Finally, tap Clear all chats.
Unfortunately, there is no option to clear all the chats using WhatsApp web, at least not for now. When it comes to WhatsApp Web, you can only clear the chat with a specific contact as shown above. So, if you want to clear all the chats with all of your contacts, you can do it only using the app.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.