You may want to clear all the messages inside the chat with a specific contact on WhatsApp. You can do that for all the contacts as well. Not sure how? Don’t worry; we are going to show you the steps. Let’s see how to clear chats on WhatsApp.
As mentioned, you can clear the messages with a specific contact, but you can do it for all contacts simultaneously. We will show you how to do both.
How to clear chats on WhatsApp with a specific contact
Here is how to clear a chat with a particular contact:
- Open the chat with the contact you want
- Next, tap on the dots located in the top-right corner
- When the drop-down menu shows up, click More
- Next, click Clear chat
- Choose if you want to delete the media in the chat by checking or unchecking the box.
- Click Clear.
If you are using WhatsApp Web, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp Web
- Next, open the chat with the contact you want
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner
- Choose if you wish to keep starred messages by checking or unchecking the box
- Click Clear.
How to clear all the chats
The second option allows you to clear all the chats with your contacts. Here’s how to do that:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner
- Next, tap Settings
- Now tap Chats
- Tap Chat History
- Finally, tap Clear all chats.
Unfortunately, there is no option to clear all the chats using WhatsApp web, at least not for now. Regarding WhatsApp Web, you can only clear the chat with a specific contact, as shown above. If you want to clear all the chats with all of your contacts, you can only do it using the app.