Do you know that the device performance could increase significantly if you clear the cache and cookies on your device? Yes, this is true not only for computers, tablets, and smartphones but also for smart TVs. To keep the smart TVs in a good performance mode, you need to regularly delete the cache memory and cookies from your smart TV storage. Deleting them on a smart TV is almost similar to deleting them on a smartphone or a computer. To show the steps on how to delete them in a smart TV, an example of the Samsung smart TV is taken.
See also: How to install an app on LG Smart TV
Before starting to delete the cache and cookies on the smart TV, what you need to do is put your TV on an HDMI input or in the TV mode. Keep in mind that you should go to the TV settings from outside the ‘apps’ menu or the ‘smart hub’. If you do not do that, then you might not be able to access some options like ‘broadcasting’. This is because they are not allowed to be accessed from there.
Deleting cache data
Deleting the cache data is simple but it might be a long process because you need to repeat the following steps for every app installed on your smart TV.
- On the remote control of your smart TV, press the ‘home’ button pointing the remote towards the smart TV.
- Now, navigate to the ‘settings’ in your smart TV.
- Enter the option named ‘apps’.
- Next, choose to go in the ‘system apps’ option displayed here.
- What you need to do now is choose the app for which you would like to delete the cache data associated with it.
- Press on the ‘clear cache’ option for this app.
- Press ok now and you are done clearing the cache data for this app.
Cookies are browsing data that get collected over a certain period of using your device while using the internet. This data, if collected in large quantities, can create a lag in the device which can be quite annoying and can degrade your experience. To prevent this from happening, you need to regularly delete these cookies from your device and keep the device in the best-performing state possible. So, to delete these cookies, you will need to follow the following steps as mentioned:
- Switch on your smart TV.
- Get the remote control of your smart TV and pointing it in the direction of the smart TV, press the ‘home’ button.
- Use your remote to go to the settings of your smart TV.
- There, you will be able to see a lot of options. Choose the ‘broadcasting’ option from these available options.
- A new menu will appear named broadcasting menu. From this menu, navigate to the ‘expert settings’ option and tap on it.
- Now, ‘HbbTV settings’ need to be selected here.
- You should now see the ‘delete browsing data’ option present. What you need to do is tap on this ‘delete browsing data’ option.
- Tap on the ‘yes’ option to confirm this deletion of your browsing data.
- When you have performed these steps, you will see that your browsing data has been deleted from your smart TV. You should be able to notice the improved performance now in your smart TV if the volume of browsing data that you deleted was huge. This deletion should be performed regularly to maintain your smart TV performance.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.