Byte app is the minimalist option that everyone, has been missing and waiting for since 2017. It is a new social media, created by a co-founder of Vine. Using Byte, you can shoot, upload, and share short 6 seconds videos. Since you can record shorter videos than you can record on TikTok, you do not have to add any kinds of filters or edit your Byte app video. However, unlike Vine, Byte is not affiliated with Twitter in any way. It is a new, independent platform. Byte came with standard social features like having a feed, an explore page as well, notifications, and users, of course, have their own profiles.
See also: How to share TikTok videos on Instagram
Why do you want to change your username?
Your Byte username is a way that people could get to know you, and get to interact with you on Byte. Your username might be one of the many reasons that could get you famous on the app, and it is somehow the first thing people recognize. In other words, it is a ‘nickname’ of your whole profile. However, sometimes you can get the urge to change it. Here are some reasons why would you feel like changing it:
- Well, maybe you do not like your username that much, or you prefer some more unique, and funny username.
- Maybe your username is long. Your Byte username can be a maximum of 20 characters long, ideally, it should be as short possible. The shorter your username is, the more you will be remembered, and the easier you are going to be researched again.
- Your username maybe looks spammy. You should always pick quality over quantity so you will not look like a spambot. If you just threw some bunch of characters while creating your account, you should definitely reconsider changing it to something more authentic.
- After signing up, you realized that it would have been a better idea if you used for your Byte username the same username that you have used on other social media platforms. Therefore, you decided to change it.
Steps to follow to change your username:
After creating your account, you want to change it because of the reasons that were mentioned before, in the previous paragraph. Nevertheless, no worries, here are some easy and fast steps that you could follow in order to change it:
No matter what your device is, Android or iOS, you will be able to follow the same steps that lead to the same result.
- First, you are going to start by clicking on the app, and then the home page of the app will appear on the screen.
- Go to your Byte profile by tapping on the profile icon in the bottom right corner, and then tap on ‘’Edit Profile’’ on the top right corner highlighted in yellow color. You should spot your username now, it will start with a “@” and it should be written in a bold enlarged font.
- Then tap on the username and erase it out so you can have room to write your new one. You will notice that you are now able to type a new username, but have in mind that it cannot be longer than 20 characters. If the username that you have just chosen is unique, meaning that another user does not have it, then you will be able to save the changes instantly. If not, you need to keep coming up with new usernames until you come up with a unique one.
- Finally, tap on ‘’Save‘’ to save the new changes. After that modification, it is recommended to change your display name as well if you want to, so that it matches your username.
After following these steps, your username should be successfully changed.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.