Gamers all over the world convene on Twitch to play. Twitch is a video game streaming platform that has rocked the world in recent times. There, they get to challenge each other. Twitch users get to create their channels and host live streams. Also, they join existing channels which are usually based on games (among other interests). On these channels, they get to watch live streams.
Whether you are popular or not, you should customize your Twitch channel so that it becomes attractive. One of the ways you can customize your channel is to change your Twitch banner. When viewers visit your channel, they pick information about your channel from your custom banner at a glance. The banner is usually 1920 x 480 in terms of dimension size. This article is going to guide you on how to change your Twitch banner.
See also: How to add music to Twitch stream
The making of Twitch banners
To give you a chance to create a good banner for your Twitch account, some third-party websites have taken it upon themselves to enable users to create them. These websites include Snappa, Canva, and Adobe Spark.
Before you decide to change your Twitch banner, you need to make sure that it is in its best look. The websites do not even need you to have design skills for you to make your banner. Visit them and create a banner in minutes. Then, proceed to change it on your Twitch account.
Now, to the changes
You need to know that it is not possible to change your Twitch banner on the mobile app. The steps are meant to be followed on a Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- Visit Twitch.tv on your desktop or laptop’s browser.
- Enter your credentials (username and password) to access your account.
- On the page that shows, click on the top right corner.
- Click on the ‘Channel’ button which is below ‘Share my Activity’ on the menu that displays. Make sure that you are set to Offline. The screen that opens up will be active on the ‘Home’ tab.
- Once your channel opens up, click on the ‘Customize your channel’ button. You should see it below the ‘Follow’ and the bell icons. This will take you to a new tab.
- On the new tap, scroll down to the ‘Profile Banner’ section. You will see that the box next to ‘Generate Background’ is checked.
- Check the ‘Custom Image’ box. You will see that the recommended size is 1200 x 480. Also, your upload needs to be of a size that is not more than 10 MB.
- Click on the ‘Upload’ button. A tiny menu will appear at the center of the screen with the label Editing profile banner for .
- Click on the ‘+’ button and navigate to where the banner you made is and select it. The upload will start and once it is successful, you will see it displayed under the Custom Image
- When the image appears, click on the ‘Save’ button. A successful save will briefly show a tick on the ‘Save’ button.
When you now visit your channel (up to step 4), you will see that your banner will be showing. Every time that you are offline, your viewers will see that banner.
Now, you’re bannered
By changing your banner, you have made a step closer to improving your brand. The steps have been broken down and the subject should now be disentangled and unscrambled. Decorate your Twitch with banners and attract love from Twitch users!