Twitch and PS4 have one thing in common – games. They are two platforms that offer entertainment services to their users. Because of the cross-connection that had been between platforms in recent times, it is possible to log in to your Twitch account on PS4 (PlayStation Four). This enables you to share your activity, game success, and experience on PS4.
You can also enjoy Twitch streams on PS4 by downloading the Twitch app on the PlayStation Store. Since you can link Twitch and PS4, this article is going to guide you on how to change your Twitch account via PS4.
See also: How to customize your Twitch channel
Twitch and PS4
Twitch is a development of Twitch Interactive which is under Amazon parenthood. On the other hand, PS4 is part of the PlayStation Network, a provision of Sony Interactive Entertainment. PS4 is popularly known as a gaming console while Twitch is a video game streaming platform. On Twitch, you can stream live a game (say, Fifa 20) that is happening on PS4. These platforms are intertwined and PS4 gamer is likely to have a Twitch account.
Both Twitch and PS4 are great developments in the world of entertainment.
Changing your Twitch on PS4
Before you do this, you need to have a Twitch account since you are going to change from one to another. If you don’t, visit Twitch.tv and register. It shouldn’t take you very long and once you are done, you can come back to change your Twitch account.
This guide is helping you to sign out of one Twitch account and into another one. You will use your handheld controller to navigate through the following steps:
- Make sure that your PS4 is on and that the network connectivity is okay.
- Once your PlayStation is on, press the PlayStation button on your handheld controller.
- On the displayed menu, navigate to the ‘Settings’ icon. The icon looks like a briefcase with two eyes. Press ‘X’ to show the ‘Settings’ screen (the ‘X’ button is the ‘Enter’ button while the ‘O’ button is the ‘Back’ button).
- Once the screen is switched on to ‘Settings’, use the direction buttons to go down to the ‘Account Management’ option.
- Under ‘Account Management’, go down to ‘Link with Other Services’. This option is right below ‘Privacy Settings’.
- On the ‘Link with Other Services’ screen, you will see a list of platforms that you can connect to. Depending on where you are from, the options could be Spotify, Twitter, YouTube and in this case, Twitch.
- Navigate to the Twitch It should be having a tick next to it since it is assumed that an account is already logged in to. After a ‘Please Wait’ moment, the ‘Link your Account to Twitch’ screen will show. Also, PS4 will tell you that your SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) is now linked to your Twitch account and will show the username of that account.
- Choose the ‘Sign Out button’. A message will appear informing you that by signing out, you will be delinking the two accounts. Again, choose ‘Sign Out’.
- When this is successful, you will be taken back to the ‘Link with Other Services’ screen (step 6).
- On this screen, tap on the ‘Twitch’ option and choose ‘Sign In’.
- You can either use QR code scanning or a special code to activate your other Twitch account on the PS4.
- Once the above is complete, a screen (step 7) will open to show you the newly linked Twitch account that is active on your PS4.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.