Have you been using TeamViewer for a while and you have, maybe, forgotten your password? Well, do not worry, you can easily change it, and we are going to teach you how to change it. If you are a windows user, head over to the second paragraph of this article in order to find out how to change it on Windows. But the steps for Mac and Windows users are pretty much the same.
Steps to changing your TeamViewer password on Mac devices
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open up the TeamViewer app in your device. But, do not just click on its logo regularly, you need to access it another way. Move your cursor to the top right corner of your Mac device. Find the TeamViewer logo there. And, click on that icon by holding the control key on your keyboard as you do so. You should be able to see a new small pop-up window show up on your screen.
- In that pop-up menu, find the Preferences option and click on it.
- You should be able to see that the new window has opened up on your screen. On that screen, the left sidebar should be available to you. That left sidebar has many different options. You will need to look for and find the Security option there. When you do find it, click on it in order to expand the security settings of the TeamViewer app.
- And now, a new screen with two boxes should be visible to you. One box is the New password box, and the other one is the Confirm password box. In those empty spaces, you will need to type in your new password, and also confirm it.
- After you are done with typing in the new password, you will need to save the changes by pressing the Save button that is located at the end of that window. And that is it, you have successfully changed the password of your TeamViewer account.
Steps to changing your TeamViewer password on Windows devices
As we have previously mentioned, you first must open the TeamViewer application on your Mac device. But, do not open it by clicking on the TeamViewer icon, instead of that, move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your computer. You should be able to see the TeamViewer logo right next to the date and time, but, if you do not see it there, click on the arrow that is facing up to expand some more apps. There, find the TeamViewer logo and right-click on it so that you can open some more options and start doing these steps down below.
- After you have right-clicked on that TeamViewer logo, you should be able to see that the small pop-up menu has shown up on your screen. Many features are going to be displayed in that menu. You will need to find the Options option there and click on it to open up some settings of the TeamViewer app.
- Once the new window has been opened on your screen, you should be able to see a left sidebar that is separated into different sections. Find the Security section and click on it there.
- A new tab is going to be opened on your screen now. You should be able to see the Password and Confirm password boxes there. In those boxes, you will need to type in your new password, and also confirm it.
- After you have confirmed your password, press the Save button at the end of that window. And you are pretty much done, that is the whole process of changing your password on TeamViewer. This guide wasn’t so hard, don’t you think so?