Not long-ago Disney announced its new streaming service, Disney Plus. Everyone hopped on the platform that hosts hundreds of movies and tv shows from Disney as well as its subsidiaries such as Marvel and Pixar. As great as it is, everything has its shortcomings. Your user ID can still be stolen, your account can still be hacked. That’s why it’s important to be prepared for at least the basic things you can do to get the situation under control. And that includes protecting your password.
Why should I change my password?
Not soon after it was launched, Disney Plus saw a mounting number of users whose profiles had been stolen by hackers and sold elsewhere for a much cheaper price. This can happen to anyone. Perhaps the biggest reason there is to change your password to a safer, more secure one, is to prevent hackers from accessing it. If you have a generic password—probably one that you use for other applications too—it’s best to change it. Generic passwords can be anything from your birthday to the name of your current pet. Hackers use a very basic code-breaking application that tests several combinations of passwords until they find one that clicks. Disney advises using a unique password that is a combination of words, letters, and at least one special character. Using this method—which doesn’t take much longer than making a generic password—can throw off the hackers’ supposed deciphering methods to hack into your account. So, keep this tip in mind when you follow the following method to change your password.
Changing the Password
- First of all, login to your Disney+ account on their website (you can do this on any device).
- In the top right corner, go to “Profile”, and scroll down and click “Account”.
- You will see an option to change your email as well as the password. Click “Change Password”.
- Enter your current password in the correct field and then your new password (remember the tip from earlier!).
- Finally, click “Save”.
Now you will use this new password to login to your Disney+ account on every device. If you wish to change it again, follow the same steps as mentioned above.
How to reset your password?
If you forgot your password or if the person who hacked into your account has changed it, follow these steps to reset your password:
- When you try to log in, look under the text field for your password. Click “Forgot your password?”
- You will get an email from Disney that is registered with your account. Follow the email instructions to reset your password. Check the spam or junk folder if you’re having trouble finding it.
- Once you have a new password, you can use it to log in to your account.
Alternatively, follow these same steps if you have forgotten your username. Make sure to click the blue text that is under your username text field when you try to log in.
Sadly, Disney does not yet have a way to check if your account has been hacked. It displays no history nor devices about your previous logins. If you suspect your account is hacked, call or email Disney Plus immediately with your contact information, as well as the payment details you used to create your Disney+ account. You can also contact your bank, as in some cases they might be able to refund you the money for your subscription.