In this article, we are going to be showing you a way to change your background in Microsoft Teams when you are in the meeting, and right before the meeting starts. So, without any further ado, here are the steps.
See also: How to create a team on Microsoft Teams
Steps to changing your Microsoft Teams background while you are in the meeting
Before we start, we just want to mention that Linux operative system users will not be able to change their background in Microsoft Teams, that feature has not been released yet for that operative system.
And here are the steps to change your background if you have already entered your meeting. But, if you want to find out how to change it before the meeting starts, head over to the second paragraph of this article. You will learn how to do this in just a few minutes.
- When you are in the meeting, move your cursor on the screen so that some options could become visible.
- Now, you need to find the three-dotted button and click on it. By clicking on that button you are going to be expanding more options to you.
- After you have clicked on that button, from the pop-up menu choose and click on the Show background effect button. A new window is going to show up on your screen. There is a chance that you might not be able to see that button on your screen, it means that your device does not support this feature yet, so, there is nothing you can do.
If you want to just blur your background a bit, you can just click on the Blur button on that new window that has just show up. The blurring process is going to start immediately and it is going to be done in just a blink of an eye. But, if you want to change the whole background picture on Teams, here’s how.
- Instead of clicking on the Blur button, click on the Add New button. By clicking on it, you will be taken to your device’s library where you need to choose the new image that you want to upload. Make sure that that file is one of the supported types (JPG, PNG, or BMP).
- After selecting the image, just save your changes and you will be able to see your new background right away.
Steps to changing your Microsoft Teams background before the meeting starts
- While you are preparing and setting up your audio and your video, find the Background effect button and click on it. This button should be located right next to the button that you use to switch off your microphone. By clicking on it, you are going to be opening up the background settings in the new pop-up window.
Now, here is how to replace the background and add a new picture to your background:
- There are several different images already available and displayed to you in that new window, and just by clicking on them, you will be able to change your video background. But, if you want to add some image of your own, from your own device, click on the Add New button on that screen.
- You will be taken to your device’s files where you need to find the image which you want to use as your video background. The file type of that image should be JPG, PNG, or BMP.
- Just choose an image, click on it, and after that, save changes by clicking on the Save button.
But, if you want to just blur your background a little, so that you are more clearly visible, click on the Blur option on that screen. The blurring is going to be done automatically. Remember to save the changes before you exit that window.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.