Disney Plus Streaming service has gone live with airing all the famous Disney movies such as Star Wars and Snow White as well as exclusive Disney TV series such as The Mandalorian. However, just within a few weeks of the launch of Disney Plus, there were reports of accounts being hacked and sold in areas where the streaming service was not available. While Disney has agreed to implement stricter security, it may be a good idea to change your email and password frequently to prevent becoming a victim.
Thus, this article will guide you on how to change your Disney plus account email and password.
See also: How to manage subtitles on Disney Plus
Part 1: changing your account email
- Launch Disney Plus on your preferred device. In this article, we will be using the web version of Disney Plus. Head over to disneyplus.com.
- You will need to log into your account using your current email and password.
- Click on the Profile icon on your device’s screen. The icon should be a circle containing your current profile picture.
- From the drop-down list that appears, select the option: Account.
- You will be directed to a new page containing your current Account information. At the top of the page, your email account will be listed. Click on the change email or the edit icon which appears beside the email address listed. The edit icon is a pencil within a circle.
- You will be brought to the change email page.
- Type in the email you would like to change to under the New Email text field.
- Within the password text field, type in your current password. Do not use a password that you would like to change to. This feature is placed as a verification of the change in email.
- Click on the Save button once you have completed the previous step.
- You will be brought back to your Accounts page. A small notification that the email has been changed will appear.
- To check is the change was successful, you can check the account details. The details should now include your new email as the account holder. You should also receive an email from Disney Plus on both your emails. In the future, use your new email address to log into your Disney Plus account.
Part 2: changing your account password
For this part, we will be using a Disney Plus app on a mobile device. Do take note that it is also possible to change the password using the web version.
- On your mobile device, tap on the Disney Plus app to launch it.
- Tap on your profile picture icon.
- If your device has multiple profiles, select your profile. Then, click on the Account option from the menu list.
- Under account details, you will be able to spot your current password marked with asterisks. Tap on the edit password or edit icon option located beside your current password.
- You will need to type in your current password in the space provided and your new password in another block of space provided below. Do remember that the passwords are case sensitive, hence remember to use capital letters when needed. For the new password created, you will need to use a minimum of 6 characters with at least 1 numerical or special character.
- Once you have keyed in your new password, click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have successfully saved and changed to the new password, you will need to log into all your devices again using your new password.