TikTok is connecting social media enthusiasts all over the world with its excellent video-sharing abilities.
Age is quite a sensitive detail. With age comes the issue of appropriateness. Generally, children (those below the legal age) are supposed to be protected from sensitive content, such as nudity, violence, or heavy language.
On TikTok, the ideas are the same. Although it allows young people of ages 12 (sometimes 13) to open an account, it provides a chance for their guardians to take charge of what they watch.
Changing ages is not possible on TikTok. However, other social media platforms have put stringent measures on their age-changing policies.
This article is going to give you an insight on how to change your age on TikTok.
See also: How to download TikTok videos
Is it possible?
While TikTok gives you a chance to edit your name, username, and bio, it does not allow for age details. So basically, there is no way to change your age on TikTok.
It may be that you entered incorrect age details mistakenly and never knew it until you wanted to do something, say to set a live but were not allowed because you were a little too young for that.
Also, you are probably are minor and want to lie about your age (this will not be addressed here – no one should get in trouble).
To address the first issue on age-details mistaking, the best option would be to open a new account. While this may make you start your business on TikTok repeatedly, it will surely make everything else seamless, and hassles like not being able to go live will not be there.
Here is how you will freshly sign up to TikTok:
- Log out of your current account. Do this by tapping on the ‘Me’ button to open your profile.
- Tap on three vertical dots to display the ‘Settings and privacy’ screen
- Scroll down to the last option, which is ‘Log out. When that is done successfully, you will be redirected to the home screen of the app.
- Tap on ‘Me’ again, and you will see a red ‘Sign up’ button.
- When you do, choose any of the options that will be displayed as your Sign up option.
- When this is successful, the ‘When’s your birthday?’ part will be displayed. To avoid making the same mistake, start changing your year of birth by scrolling up on the year section.
Check and recheck whether the year has been captured well.
- Now you can change your date and month of birth and proceed with the other business.
What about my other account?
You might be wanting to get back to where you were with your underage account. Well, you can go back to your account, download the TikTok videos you made, and re-uploaded them on your new account. Also, you can make a video on your old, underage account to direct your viewers to your new account. Finally, you can post the username of the new account on the caption of the video.
No other way?
Once you enter your age as you sign up on TikTok, it can never be changed. TikTok should find a way to allow users to adjust their ages since sometimes, people make honest mistakes. They should probably add ID verification to ensure integrity in the age setting.