TikTok is an app that is basically run by generation Z. It’s a place where you can share your videos and funny content. It’s an app with which you can just sit, relax, and have a good laugh.
If you are new to this app, maybe you need some help with setting up your account. You are in the right place! We will be showing you ways how you can change and set up your new profile picture on this great app. If you are maybe here because you want to remove the profile picture, you are also in the right place! We will be showing that too!
Keep reading this guide to find out how to change or remove the picture in the shortest amount of time!
See also: How to reset TikTok account password
Changing the profile picture in the app
Changing the picture won’t take up much time, and it isn’t complicated at all.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open your TikTok app on your android, tablet or iPhone.
- Go to the “Me” icon in the bottom right corner.
- Once you’ve opened the “Me” icon, you will see your current profile picture, and text that says “Edit profile” in the middle of the screen, click on that.
- So now you are in the “Edit profile” tab, there are two circles at the top of the page, one says “Change photo”, the other one says “Change video”. If you are maybe considering of putting a video as your profile’s header, go ahead and click on that option! You’d have to trim it after that to the willing length. But if you still want a photo, click on the left icon.
- You will get a pop-up window that will ask you whether you want to choose a photo from the gallery or take one right now. Choose the one that you want.
- You’ll next see your picture, and you’d need to tick the circle in the top right corner to confirm that’s the right photo. Then click “Confirm” in the bottom right corner.
- Now in the next window, you’d need to crop your photo the way you want it to look. After placing the photo right in the circle, and making sure it looks good after you made sure that you are satisfied with the looks of it, click “Save”.
And that’s it! The whole science of changing the picture! Not so hard, don’t you think?
There’s an even easier way that’s also less complicated for the lazy people. You can just click on your photo place in your “Me” card, and change it right from there. That’s it!
We’ve promised that we’ll show you how to remove the photo as well. So keep reading if you want to find that out.
Removing the profile picture or a video
This is just a reverse process from uploading and changing the picture. Once again, nothing hard to do.
If you have a video as your header:
- Go to the “Me” card again.
- Click on the “Edit profile” option in the middle of the screen.
- Those two circles will show up again. Tap on the “Video” and hold it.
- New pop-up should appear.
- Click on “Remove video”.
- Click on “Confirm” and you’re all done!
To remove the profile photo, you’d have to click on the photo icon, select “Take a picture” option and put your finger over the camera so it takes a black picture. You’d have to do it this way as there is no other way to remove the photo, this is the only option.
If you want to be a successful TikToker you have to have a cool profile picture! Who would want to visit some boring accounts with a default photo?
If someone notices your video and likes it, they will for a sure visit and look at your profile for more content and even maybe follow you!