You might want to change your username on TikTok for various reasons like you do not feel good about how your username is shown on every video of yours and you would like to change it to something more relevant when other users see your username on every video of yours, you just began to dislike your username, your username does not really reflect the nature of the personality that you display in your TikTok videos, your username is offensive to some people, etc. You must know that usernames are unique on TikTok i.e. a username on TikTok can be associated with only one account on TikTok. So, you need to choose a username which is not the same as any other username on TikTok. Also, as far as changing the username on TikTok is concerned, you can do it pretty easily but you must also know that you can change your username only once within a period of 30 days.
- First of all, what you need to do is open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- In case you have recently installed the TikTok app, you need to log into your TikTok user account too.
- Now, you need to go to the TikTok profile page. You can do so by simply tapping on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the app screen.
- Once you are on the profile page of your TikTok user account, you need to tap on the ‘edit profile’ option.
- A pop-up might open now saying that your username is unique and can only be changed again after 30 days if you choose to change it now. On this pop-up, what you need to do is tap on the ‘got it’ option.
- Now, you need to delete the username being displayed in an edit box on the app screen.
- In the edit box, write the new username to which you want to change your old TikTok username. If this username is available, then a tick might appear next to the username indicating that the username is available. However, a cross might appear if the username has already been taken by some other user. So, if a cross appears, then you will need to choose some other username and write it in the edit box and see if it is available.
- Once you are done writing the new username and verifying its availability, tap on the ‘save’ option in the top-right corner of the app screen.
You must note that a smartphone is required to change the username on TikTok. The smartphone can be Android or iOS based. You must note that the smartphone that you are going to use to change your username on TikTok has the operating system of a certain version or higher than that version. For Android-based smartphone, the Android operating system must have a version of 4.1 or higher. While the smartphones that have the iOS operating system must have the iOS version 9.3 or higher.
You need to have the TikTok app downloaded and installed on your smartphone if you want to change your username on TikTok. You must keep in mind that it is not possible to change your username on TikTok from the webpage of the TikTok platform. If the smartphone is Android-based, then you need to download and install the app from the Android Play Store. However, if the smartphone has the iOS operating system, then go to the Apple App Store and download and install it.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.