More and more homes are becoming smart ones thanks to a variety of products we can buy today. These products, such as Google Nest or Google Home speakers or displays can make our lives much easier and things we do daily a lot simpler. The usage is easy and straightforward, and let’s not forget to mention that it is fun as well. If you have one of these products and want to change the name of it, you are in the right place. Here, we are going to show you how to change the name of your Google Nest or Google Home device. Just follow the steps listed below, and you’ll be done in no time.
Before we show you the steps, let’s see the devices:
- Google Home
- Google Home Mini (1st gen)
- Google Home Max
- Google Nest Mini (2nd gen)
- Google Nest Hub
- Google Nest Hub Max.
How to change the name of your device
Changing the name of your device is very simple. Follow the steps listed below:
- The first thing is to make sure that your tablet or smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device or your tablet
- Find the device you wish to edit and tap on it
- Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner to open the Settings
- Now tap Name
- Enter the name you want and tap Save.
There you go. You just changed the name of your device. So simple, as we promised it will be.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.