If you just created a profile on Etsy and if you are ready to shop, you will notice that all the prices are listed in British pounds. If this currency is not the one that is used in the country you live in, you may find it confusing and you will have to transfer the pounds into the currency you are using. Etsy has a great option that allows you to change the default currency. If this sounds like a good idea to you, keep reading. Here, we are going to show you how to change the default currency on Etsy.
See also: How to change the language on Etsy
How to change the default currency on Etsy
Making this kind of change requires just a couple of moments of your time. You can make the change on the website, but you can also do this using the app.
If you prefer using the Etsy app, follow the steps below:
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap “You” at the bottom of the screen
- Next, tap Settings
- Tap Select Currency
- Select the currency you want
- Open the browser of your choice, go to Etsy.com and log in
- Next, click on your profile photo or click on the option “You” in the top-right corner
- Now click on Account Settings
- Click on the Preferences tab
- Find the Currency section
- You will see that British pound is set as a default one and you will also notice the available currencies
- Select the one you want
- Once you select the currency you prefer, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and click on Update Preferences
When you do this, the prices will be shown in the currency you have selected.
For instance, I’ve changed the currency to EUR, and now all the prices are listed in euros as you can see in the image above.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.