A great way to express yourself on different platforms is through your username. And if you are a Steam user, there is a way to change the username in a few simple steps. In other words, if you are not happy with the current one, a few clicks, and you’ll have a brand new username. Before we move to the steps, keep in mind that the username is not the same as your account name. The account name will remain the same. Now that we cleared that out, let’s see how to change Steam username.
See also: How To Access Steam Screenshot Folder
How to change Steam username
Changing your username on Steam is a super simple task that requires just a few clicks. Here is what you need to do:
- Open Steam on your PC or on your Mac
- Find your username at the top of the screen and hover over it
- A drop-down menu will show up
- Click on Profile
- Click on the “Edit profile” option
- Change your username in the filed Profile name
- Once done, scroll at the bottom of the page and click Save changes.
That’s it! You have successfully changed your username on Steam.
Another thing. Steam will keep all the usernames you previously used. But, if you don’t want that, you can simply clear them all, and here is how to do that. Go to your Profile page and then click on the option Clear previous aliases.